Wait.

(art is not mine)

Y/n's POV:

"You know, you're really light." Hawks shouted as he held me close to his chest, I looked up at him, giving a half smile half shrug. I could feel my eyes swollen and red from crying, I sniffled against him.

After a few minutes of flying straight I could feel our path descending towards the ground, "Feels weird landing." Hawks said briskly as his feet hit the ground. We were right outside my apartment door, he held me in his arms for a moment too long, looking at me longingly. I looked at him, then at the door, then back at him. "Oh." He said softly, putting me down on my feet. We stood in silence for a moment, Hawks reached for my hand, pulling me towards him. His finger found the bottom of my chin and pulled it towards his face, making me look at him, "I'm sorry about what happened earlier, I can tell you're really hurt." I stared at him as his eyes gazed down my face, I watched him glance over my lips and flicker back to make eye contact with me. Tears started to well in my eyes as I imagined Aizawa with someone else, holding her like he holds me. "I wouldn't do that to you." He whispered. His hand moved to my cheek, caressing it so gently. "So beautiful." His voice was soft and quiet, a tone I've rarely heard from him. A tear ran down my face and Hawks wiped it away tenderly with his thumb. We stood locking eyes for a moment until Hawks spoke again, "Why don't I stay with you just for the night." I blinked, turning away from him, sniffing quietly, "I don't think..." Hawks pulled me back to look at him again, "I just don't want anything to happen to you. You shouldn't be alone this soon." His voice stayed serious and quiet, his thumb rubbing my face softly. "Please." He mouthed, his golden eyes glimmering in the moonlight.

I nodded as tears filled my eyes again. Aizawa's voice danced around my head, I missed him already, and it's only been what... an hour? My body slumped against the door and Hawks looked at me, picking me up and holding me in his arms. His large wings hovered around me, making me feel warm and protected. His grip was tight on me as he walked through the door, without even asking he walked down the hallway and to my room. He laid me down on the bed, I curled away from him, continuously crying. "Y/n...." he said in his soft voice, "At least take your dress off." He pulled off the sweater he was wearing and held it out to me. I grabbed it in my arms, pulling my dress over my head. Hawks eyes moved over my body, but they didn't linger like they normally did. Once I pulled his sweater over my head I laid back down. He pulled the covers from my bed over my body, moving towards the door soundlessly.

"Hawks..." I said in a sniffled voice.

"Hmmm?" He stood at the door, his silhouette taking up almost the entire space.

"Hold me." I said under my breath, so quiet I thought he didn't hear me. For a moment I didn't hear a thing, then I felt him at the edge of my bed, moving the covers until his body was warm against mine. He pulled me close to him, his chest against my back and his arms wrapped around my waist. I let out a sigh as I cried silently. Hawks hand found mine and squeezed it softly.

We laid quietly for a while, I'd cry and stop, cry and stop. But every time I did Hawks would squeeze my hand and hold me tighter. I turned to face him, my chest against his. He looked down at me as my hands found his face, I kissed his lips softly, pulling away to look at him. I moved in to kiss him again and he turned his head. I stared blankly at him, "Y/n...." He sighed, "This isn't what you want." I blinked at him, knowing he was right. I laid my head against his chest, quietly crying against his warm body. He held me tightly through the night until I fell asleep, weeping every now and then.

I was startled awake by a pounding at my front door. I jumped, looking at the clock on my night stand that read 3:54AM.

I felt Hawks move me from his body, getting out of bed and walking towards the door. The pounding didn't stop until I heard the door open loudly.

"Oh for fucks sake why are you here." Aizawa. I heard him talking furiously to Hawks.

"It's not like that man I-"

"Let me in, I need to see y/n." I got out of bed, moving towards the hallway so I could see the door. I knew Aizawa couldn't see me, but I could see them. It was clear he'd been drinking a lot. His speech was slurring and he was stumbling as he stood in front of Hawks.

Hawks stood firmly in front of the door, "Not happening."

Aizawa laughed, starting to ball up his fists, "Why are you always in our business? Huh?" He pushed against Hawks chest, "You know that's my girl yet you constantly try to get with her." He rolled his sleeves up, still slurring his speech all over the place.

Hawks shrugged, "She needed someone to be there for her." Aizawa's eyes widened and I moved into the living room, knowing he could see me now, "I'm there for her! She's my girlfriend!" He shouted, his eyes moved behind Hawks, attaching to me. "Y/n." He tried pushing past Hawks but Hawks stopped him. "You're far too drunk."

"Get off of me." Aizawa pushed against him hard but Hawks grabbed his neck, pushing him away from the doorway. "Hawks! Easy." I cried, moving towards the door. Now that I stood in the light I knew Aizawa could 1. see my cry eyes and 2. see that I had Hawks sweater on.

"Y/n, you're mine!" Tears formed in his eyes, "You know that." Hawks stood firmly in the doorway, "You should sleep it off dude." Aizawa scoffed at him, "Y/n, please. I'll wait. I'll wait for you, I need you to know it isn't what it looked like."

I shook my head, my crying starting again.

"Baby. I'm sorry. I'll wait." He backed away from the door, seeing me clearly exhausted by the situation. His shoulders slumped and he looked at Hawks, eyes still sharp. "Don't fucking touch her." He growled, his eyes moving to me, softness filling them as his eyes wandered across my puffy face. "I'm sorry." He said quietly, then he turned away, walking down the stairs until I couldn't see him anymore.