The Night before the Dance

After you and Yang had your quarrel you both decided to help out with preparing for the dance. You were about to carry a speaker into place but Yang stopped you. 

Yang: Babe. Come on. Let me handle that. I have no doubt you can lift it but that last thing you need right now is to wear yourself out more. 

y/n: What should I do then?

Yang: How about you help set up the chairs instead?

y/n: Sounds good.

Yang picked up the speaker and began to carry it in place. You proceeded to set some chairs up. While you did you noticed Ruby was laying her head on the table she was sitting at sadly. Weiss then walked up to her and placed two pieces of table cloth in front of her. They both looked the same.

Weiss: I need you to pick a table cloth. 

Ruby seemed a little startled but then looked at the two cloths in confusion.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same?

Weiss then scoffed and picked up both cloths in frustration. 

Weiss: I don't even know why I asked.

Yang hauled the speaker into place and set it down. She then walked up next to Ruby.

Yang: So have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby was still laying her head on the table but turned to Yang. 

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going. 

Yang patted Ruby on the back to comfort her.

Yang: We'll find a way to get her to come, Ruby. I promise.

y/n: I'll talk to her. We've known each other for a long time in the White Fang. Trust me, I'll get her to come.

Yang looked up and smiled at you.

Yang: Good.

Yang then looked behind you and her smile disappeared.

Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed. No doilies!

Weiss then walked up to Yang and pointed at her while getting up in her face.

Weiss: If I don't get doilies. Then you don't get fog machines.

You then heard the door open behind you. You looked behind you to see Sun and Neptune walk into the room. 

Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss immediately seemed happy about the idea of fog machines as she smiled and walked up to Neptune. Weiss then tried to look cute as she tilted her head to the side and folded her hands in front of her. 

Weiss: We were thinking about it.

Neptune smiled at Wiess and pointed a finger at her in approval.

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

You began whispering to Yang. 

y/n: *Whispering* I think I know who Weiss is going with.

Yang: *Whispering sarcastically* I wonder who.

You and Yang both chuckled.

Sun then walked up and pointed his fingers at you and your teammates.

Sun: You ladies and sir all excited for dress up?

Weiss' smile disappeared.

Ruby: Pfft. Yeah right.

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be dressing to impress tomorrow night.