The Next Move

The next day you and your team were at the library. Your teammates were playing a board game called "Remnant: The Game." You, Blake, and Weiss didn't know how to play so Ruby and Yang decided to play easy to introduce everyone. But since there were five of you one of you had to sit out. You decided you would allow Blake and Weiss to play first because of the ladies' first rule. You sat between Yang and Blake. Blake seemed very uninterested in the game. In fact, she seemed very tired.

y/n: Hey Blake. You alright?

Blake didn't seem to notice you. Yang looked at Blake a little concerned also. Ruby was too focused on muttering to herself about her next move to notice Blake. Ruby then pointed at Yang and began to speak. 

Ruby: Yang Xiao Long! Prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang snapped her head back to Ruby and clenched her fist next to her head eagerly. 

Ruby then pulled out one of her cards and held it into the air. 

Ruby: I deploy... The Atlesian Airfleeeeet!

Yang gasped in shock. Ruby then began to look down on Yang. 

Ruby: Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly.

Ruby then created a bird with her hands and mimicked plane sounds.

Yang gasped again and pointed out her finger to Ruby.

Yang: You fiend!

Ruby was now tucking herself behind the table to look at the gameboard from a level view.

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle my repair time only lasts one turn.

Yang then began to laugh confidently as she pulled out one of her cards and held it next to her face.

Yang: Pretty sneaky sis.

Yang then flipped her card around and presented her card to Ruby.

Yang: But you just activated my trap card. 

Ruby squealed in shock. Yang then stood up and lifted her fist into the air before pounding the table announcing the name of her card.

Yang: Giant Nevermore!

y/n: Aren't you guys being a bit loud? We are in a library.

Yang: Oh it's fine.

Yang then turned her attention back to the game. 

Yang: If I roll a seven or higher. Fell feathers will slice your fleet in two. 

Ruby then leaned forward and pointed her finger at Yang. 

Ruby: But if you roll a six or lower the nevermore will turn on your own forces. 

Yang glared at Ruby.

Yang: That's just a chance I'm willing to take.

Yang rolled her dice and got a ten.

Ruby: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MY SOLDIERS!!!

Yang: Those numbers probably are good. 

Ruby: Goodbye my friends you will be avenged.

Yang: Not until I draw my reward which is doubled now due to Mistral's trade route.

Ruby: Back!

Yang: Oh and what's this?

Ruby: Back I say!

The smuggler's card allows me to take two cards from your hand.

Ruby: Have you no heart?

Ruby then laid her head on the table sobbing.