CHAPTER 42

Suyodhanaa and Sushasanaa were rejoicing at the death of Panduputris and Kunti.

"Now the throne of Hastinapur and Sagar both are mine !" Suyodhanaa laughed and sipped her wine.

"Indeed. Now very soon you will be Yuvrani and then later Maharani of Hastinapur." Sushasanaa said.

"I can hear people cheering for us.... Hail Maharaj Sagar and Maharani Suyodhanaa...... Aah ! So delightful !" Suyodhanaa said.

"Partying right now ?" Soubalaa asked entering.

"Mosi ji !" Suyodhanaa ran towards Soubalaa and hugged her.

"You made all my dreams come true mosi !" Suyodhanaa said.

"I did promise to, didn't I ? Now listen close." Soubalaa said.

"What ?" Suyodhanaa asked.

"Go to Sagar, and then comfort him. In such grief he will give in to you and your wishes. Make him yours darling this is the best time." Soubalaa said.

"As you say mosi." Suyodhanaa said and went outside.

She went to the Yuvraj-bhavan where today even the guards didn't stop her, they were too remorseful today. Suyodhanaa went straight to his room and found Sagar standing in the balcony, lost in deep thoughts.

Suyodhanaa looked herself in the mirror and smiled adjusting her hair. She then went to the balcony and put a fake sad look on the face.

She kept a hand on his shoulder bringing him out of his stance as he backed away on instinct.

"Yuvraj it's just me." Suyodhanaa said.

"What are you doing here ?" Sagar asked.

"Such an unfortunate event has befallen us, how can let you suffer alone ?" Suyodhanaa said.

"It's not proper for you to come here. Please Leave." Sagar said.

"I know you're grief-stricken but you need to see the bigger picture." She said.

"What big picture ?" He frowned.

"In absence of Panduputris, the responsibility of Yuvrani falls over my shoulder. I cannot fulfill it without you. For the well being of Kuru-rashtra, accept me as your Yuvrani." Suyodhanaa said.

"Suyodhanaa ! Do you even know what you're saying !?" Sagar scolded.

"Why are you getting angry ? I am just reminding you your duty !" She said.

"You are the sister of Panduputris, equivalent to my own in this relation. And the one who puts eyes on his sister, daughter, Putravadhu, Anuj-vadhu is an immoral being." Sagar said.

Suyodhanaa got angry at that as he walked away. She stomped up to him, grabbed both his hands stoping him.

"What did you say !? You will not accept me !?" Suyodhanaa said angrily.

"Leave my hands Suyodhanaa." Sagar said.

"No I will not ! I have done so much to get you and the throne ! Now you cannot stop me !" Suyodhanaa yelled.

"Leave my hands !" Sagar said sternly.

"I won't ! Accept me Sagar ! I am the rightful queen of Hastinapur ! The throne belongs to me ! Only me !" Suyodhanaa yelled.

Sagar jerked his hands off, as she angrily looked at him.

"Stay away ! I will never give you the status you want !" Sagar said.

"Why ? What's there in them that I don't have !? Sagar accept me as your wife !" Suyodhanaa said.

"Suyodhanaa if someone hears you then what about your reputation !? Leave right now !" Sagar said.

"No ! I won't leave ! I have overcome so many hurdles just to get you and the throne ! No one can take it away from me ! Not even you !" Suyodhanaa said.

Sagar looked at her angrily as he grabbed her wrist she looked at him confused as he pulled her out of the room.

"There is no place for you neither in my room nor in my life !" Sagar said.

Suyodhanaa looked at him with disbelief as he closed the door right in front of her face, locking it. But she was not ready to give up as she started banging on the door.

"Sagar ! Accept me as your wife !" Suyodhanaa yelled.

All the maids and servants gathered around and saw her acting like a maniac. Suddenly Suyodhanaa felt their gaze at her and she turned around.

"What are you all looking at !?" She scolded.

The servants and maids hurriedly left, Suyodhanaa looked at the door that was closed for her.

"Soon I will have place in your life as well as room." Suyodhanaa grunted and left.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Agar iss chapter ka koi title hota toh woh yeh hota - Suyodhanaa bani Surpnakha !

*sighs* Just switch genders her. Imagine Duryodhan behaving like this with Sagarika instead......

Everyone would've flipped their heads, he would've had sword on his neck. But because here it's Suyodhanaa and Sagar, it can be ignored.

Same thing with Shri Ram and Surpnakha.... She was forcing herself on him, attacked his wife devi Sita, and thus Laxman ji cut her nose off. I see no problem here.

But some pseudo feminists say that this is not the way to behave with a women and I'm like - what she was doing a minute ago was a proper behaviour ? Forcing oneself unto another ?