CHAPTER 24

It was evening time and finally the ceremony of Garbha-daan sanskar was completed.

"Children, last few days have been very busy, now spend some quality time together." Kunti said.

"We shall take your leave now." Kripacharya said.

He left with Kunti, leaving Sagar and the Panduputris alone. All the ladies looked at Sagar, wondering what should they do together.

"I think we should go to the royal garden of the Yuvraj-bhavan." Vallabhi said.

"Nice idea." Parthvi said.

"Arya, are you fine by it ?"

"If you all agree, then why would I have a problem ?" Sagar smiled.

"Then it's final. We all shall meet at the royal garden of Yuvraj-bhavan in a few moments." Yaudhevi said.

The rest of the Panduputris and left to their rooms to get into some comfortable clothes. Sagar also went to his room to change.

When he was done, he went to the garden in the Yuvraj-bhavan, whose entire complex belonged to him till he becomes the King.

He saw that Nakulaa was already there, looking at the flower meadows. The rays from the setting sun were falling right on her beautiful dark complexion, giving her a copperish glow.

Sagar went towards her and stood behind, admiring her beauty. She turned around and saw him standing so close that she got startled for a moment.

"Oh Arya !" She exclaimed and he took a step back.

"Forgive me, I didn't want to startle you." Sagar said.

"It's alright." Nakulaa said smiling.

"So, you like these flowers ?" Sagar asked.

"Yes, they are very beautiful." Nakulaa said.

"Indeed. But there beauty isn't anything compared to yours." Sagar said.

"Oh Arya...." Nakulaa blushed.

Sagar chuckled as he plucked a flower and then puts it on her hair. Nakulaa by now was completely red by blushing.

"Beautiful." Sagar smiled as he plucked some more flowers and decorates her hair.

"Arya, all your love for Nakulaa only ?" Parthvi asked chuckling as she came with Yaudhevi and Devami.

"Your fault jiji that you came late." Nakulaa said, making them chuckle.

"My love is there for all of you. Come." Sagar smiled.

Parthvi and Yaudhevi smiled as they came and sat down near the flower meadows. Sagar plucks some more flowers to decorate their hair also.

Devami looks at them and smiles as she goes and sits beneath a tree, reading the book she was carrying. Sagar's eyes fell on her and he went towards her.

"Devami ?" He called.

"Yes, Arya ?" Devami asked.

Sagar shows her a yellow flower, she looks at it and then at him confused.

"It's for you." Sagar said.

"To put in my hair ?" She asked with a little unease.

"No. I don't think I have earned that right yet." Sagar said with a sad smile.

"Earned it ? What do you mean ? Aren't you my husband ?" Devami asked.

"I am but only for name sake, only in the eyes of the people. Because you have not accepted me as you husband. You are still timid and nervous around me." Sagar said.

Devami looked down as Sagar sat offered her the flower once again, she looked at him and then took the flower.

"Perhaps this flower can make me your friend ?" Sagar asked hopefully.

"It does." Devami smiled.

She knew they both need to work on their relationship to make it better, he cannot carry the weight alone. Sagar smiled at her, happy to have made some progress.

His eyes then fell on the book she was reading, and his grin widened.

"Nal-Damiyanti ? It's one of my favourite books." Sagar said.

"Really ? Mine too !" Devami said with a excitement in her voice.

"I can read it again and again without getting tired." Sagar said.

"Me too." Devami smiled widely.

"The description of King Nal's cooking always makes me hungry.....and that reminds me where is Vallabhi ?" Sagar asked.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Vallabhi kaha hai ? Kahi Suyodhanaa ko wapas taane dene toh nahi chali gayi ?

You know writing this chapter reminds me how much grand our ancient palace structures used to be !

There were separate complexes of buildings, like Raja-bhavan, Rani-bhavan, Yuvraj-bhavan, even Mahamantri could get his separate complex building, like Vidur did.

A building complex could have separate rooms, separate gardens, pools, halls and sometimes training grounds.

This just shows that people in ancient India were very keen on keeping privacy, this concern is also seen in houses of Indus Valley civilization.