CHAPTER 29

Sagar and Vallabhi again entered the room and saw Nakulaa was bandaging a sleeping Devami's feet, as Yaudhevi and Parthvi caressed her head.

"She fell asleep ?" Sagar asked whispering.

"Yes. She fell asleep when Nakulaa aided her wounds." Parthvi said.

"All done." Nakulaa said as she finished bandaging her feet.

"Is she going to be alright soon ?" Vallabhi asked.

"There were 17 blades in her feet, it will take some time." Nakulaa said.

"By then, I suggest Arya to take care of her." Yaudhevi said.

"Certainly I will. Now you all should retire to you rooms, it's getting late. I shall be beside Devami." Sagar assured.

The Panduputris nodded and left, Sagar went towards Devami and caressed her head as he sighed, she was so selfless taking the adversity meant for Vallabhi on her.

He then sat down on his desk, looking through scrolls related to the military affairs of Hastinapur.

"So.... strengthening the army ? ....let's see.... more recruits ..... better training ..." Sagar started working.

Soon Devami fluttered open her eyes and frowned realising she was not in her room. Her eyes then fell on her bandaged feet and then it dawned up her what had happened.

She sat up, looked around and saw Sagar sitting on his desk working. Feeling her gaze, he looked at Devami who diverted her gaze elsewhere.

"You need something Devami ?" Sagar asked.

"N-No." She denied.

"Alright. If you need something then just tell me, I'll get it for you." Sagar said going back to the paper work.

Devami nodded and then looked around the room having nothing much to do. Her eyes then fell on the book shelf, she can definitely enjoy a good story now but how will she get it.

Her feet were completely bandaged and she shouldn't walk now but Devami was really getting bored. She looked at Sagar and wondered whether she should ask him or not.

'He is so immersed in work, me asking him to get a book cause disturbance.' Devami thought.

She started fiddling with her fingers as she wondered whether to ask him and end her boredom, or stay quiet and let him work peacefully.

"You need something ?" Sagar asked not even looking up from his work.

"H-how did you know ?" Devami asked.

"When you fiddle your fingers, your rings clash and make a sound." Sagar said.

He then looked at her with a sad smile, Devami lowered her gaze as he stood up from his desk and went to the bookshelf. Sagar looked through the books and picked one out then handed it to her.

"I believe this will eliminate your boredom." Sagar said and then went back to his desk.

"How did you know I wanted a book ?" Devami asked.

"Some things aren't said out loud." Sagar said looking at the papers once again.

And this gesture of understanding the other without the need of speech is what touched Devami's heart as a small smile appeared on her face amidst the pain of her feet.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

SAGAR'S GESTURE TOUCHED DEVAMI'S HEART ! IT TOUCHED HER HEART !

I REPEAT IT TOUCHED HER HEART ! THIS IS NOT A DRILL !