"I'm sorry," he rolled his head back with a light laugh. "I was just excited. It's not every day I get to see you and fight by your side, sweetheart."

"Stop calling me that. And technically, it is," Mina sighed as she looked away, seeing a few people walk in the park again.

It amazed her how quickly the citizens grew accustomed to these random bouts of villains throughout the day, and how they would resume right after like nothing happened. The previous two months had changed the city massively, a sense of protection awning over as Raven and Firedrake endlessly provided it.

"Yeah," he sighed as well, letting the ball of water drop back into the fountain where it dissolved. "Shadow's been really active lately. Do you think he's planning something big?"

"I don't know. But even if he is, I trust we'll beat him," she looked at him with a light smile. "Together."

"You know what they say," he smirked, leaning back onto his hands as he kicked his feet. "You and me against the world."

Mina warmly nodded in response before standing up, stretching her neck a bit as she prepared to leave.

"Wait," she heard behind him before she suddenly felt a hand grab her wrist, keeping her from going anywhere. She glanced down, seeing Jungkook's hand holding her gently. She then looked up at him, seeing his pleading eyes through his mask as he displayed a serious expression.

"We really can't go to the movies?" he asked, his voice little and fragile. She let out a sigh, her shoulders dropping as she looked at his hand.

"No, Firedrake. We're business partners. We can't just walk on the street together eating ice cream, or stuff like that."

"We could," he said. "We could be more."

"No, we can't," Mina responded quickly, meeting his eyes once more. She watched as his face fell, his grip around her wrist weakening until her hand dropped. "I'm sorry. I have to go."

With that, she turned away, flying off the ground and disappearing into the distance, leaving a dejected Jungkook in front of the fountain, his heart cracking at the thought of being away from her again.

-

Mina walked down the hallway side by side with her best friend, Bitna after coming out of gym class. Bitna was red in the face, a result of the amount she had sweated during an intense round of dodgeball, one in which she won proudly. Mina was actually afraid of her, for once.

The two walked beside Jimin and Hoseok, who were both in their gym class as well, also still sweaty from their dodgeball match.

"How are you not sweating a waterfall right now, Minnie?" Hoseok sighed as he brought his palm to his forehead, wiping the sweat that continued to form. "I feel like I'm in a damn sauna."

"Don't you know, Hoseok? She's a princess, she doesn't sweat," Bitna remarked, causing Mina to nudge her with her elbow.

"I agree with that," said Jimin beside her, looking down at her with a mischievous grin.

Mina scoffed at her friend, rolling her eyes and ignoring him.

Within the two months that followed Mina's first day of school, she had the opportunity to make new friends, these friends conveniently being all of Jungkook's friends, all of them also being scattered throughout her classes. It started from that day in the mall, in which Mina was first introduced to both Jimin and Taehyung, with the former practically introducing her to everyone else by talking about her constantly. Jimin didn't hide his little crush on Mina at all---in fact, she pretty much knew he adored her. He would tell her that, anyways. There wasn't much to figure out.