Special Chapter

THE WEDDING

Gasgas na ang mga salitang 'hindi ako makapaniwalang nangyayare ito', pero iyon ang totoong nararamdaman ko.

Hawak ang isang tumpok ng Gladiolus flower sa kamay ko ay tahimik akong naghintay sa labas ng simbahan. Hindi ko na niyukoan ang kumikinang kong wedding gown, dahil sa kinang palang ng mga mata ko ay parang gusto ko nang mahilo. I was contemplating with myself if I should grit my teeth or tighten my grip on the flowers. Ganoon ako ka-kaba at ka saya.

I was standing behind the church's huge door with ate Celine and kuya Loren. They were quietly looking at me, checking if I'm all done or there's anything I need.

"Just shut up you both." I told them because I'm already so nervous and I couldn't manage to dive in their conversation.

They both laughed and ate Celine hugged me.

"I'm so happy for you, Sadie.."

I smiled and let her. "Thank you.."

And just when the wedding coordinator signaled us that the door's about to open, ate Celine let go of me and fixed my vail.

"This is it," she whispered enthusiastically.

I nodded and inhaled a lot of air. When I turned to the door, it opened just in time. There I saw the marvelous cathedral church of La Cuevas. This is the second time that I actually entered a church. I've been to the orphanage but I always avoid places like this. Right now, I can't believe I'm stepping into one just to pledge my love for Luke. And I'm willing to do so.

The first one was back in the hospital when I begged him to save my father. I was filled with sorrow and anger while looking at him back then. But now, I the big difference of how my heart feels is undeniably evident. Because this time, my heart is overflowing of only joy. And I could finally look at him with gentleness and faith. Because I know.. that all of this happened for a reason. And I am glad to say that I can slowly see the reason now.

When I heard Vincent's voice, singing at the front side of the altar with his band, I couldn't help but to let myself smile. He's been a part of my journey to letting my insecurities go. He was the first person who made me think of how I used to treat other people. And I can't deny that I've found a good friend in his being.

The wedding coordinator motioned us to walk, but I struggled to move my feet, so ate Celine held my elbow. I chuckled while trying to suppress my tears because I know that anytime now, I'd lose it.

I took my first steps and everything started to blur. From the lights, shining in every corners of eye, the flowers scattered and decorated in both sides of the aisle, and to the people around who's heads are all on me. I chuckled again at the thought that they might be looking at my scar because I'm wearing a sweetheart neckline gown. Yes, please, stare at me. Stare at my imperfection. That's one good reason why I pulled the man y'all dreamed to have.

I was in the middle of the aisle, when I decided to stop. Ate Celine and kuya Loren both looked at me and even stepped back too, because they stoop one step ahead assuming I'd resume.

Everyone was blurry, but my tears won't fall down. They were piled up in my eyes as I let it focus on the man in black tux, standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for me to come to him.

Murmurs and confused whispers surrounded the church, even the wedding coordinator is silently signaling me to continue walking, but it's my wedding. I don't plan to run away of back off, the fuc- oh, sorry, sir. I don't get why the bride has to walk to the altar with her family. Can't the groom meet his bride halfway? Haven't they thought of that?