Chapter 32

"I'm sorry.. I noticed it too late, I should've known sooner."

Marahan siyang umiling at mahinang suminghot habang nakayuko at nilalaro ang kaniyang mga kuko.

"You don't have to be sorry, I know you're also recovering. Lea told me everything. I was so shocked when I heard that you flew to Australia because of him--"

"It's not just entirely because of him." I corrected.
nag-angat siya ng tingin sa akin at mapait na ngumiti.

"See? you've got a lot of burdens too. If you're sorting them out alone, then I should fix mine by myself as well." She reasoned out.

I heaved a sigh and transfixed my gaze in front. We are still here at the cemetery and we decided to talk about it. It's a good thing that the sun isn't that well up so the atmosphere is quite balanced.

"You're wrong." I said. "I may have wanted to fix myself alone, but I couldn't deny that I also needed some help at that moment. I wasn't alone, Moli. I got professional help from a friend, and I must say.. it was effective. The process was confusing and boring, but after years of doing the same routine in a different environment, I felt better. My mind was coming back to being stable again and my character's been better than it was before without even realizing it. I was healed."

From my peripheral vision, I saw how hope and fear flashed in her eyes. She diverted her gaze and I heard her swallowed hard.

"G-good for you."

Nilingon ko siya at pinagmasdan. "Don't you wanna get checked too? I can help you—"

"I'm not depressed." she cut me off.

"I did not say that." mataman kong sabi. "Hindi lang naman depressed o mga taong baliw ang nagpapatingin sa mga ganoong uri ng doktor. You've been hurting your self since God knows when. You just broke down a while ago saying you didn't cheat and your physical state doesn't look so fine as well. You obviously need help."

Nang lumingon siya sa akin, ay muli na namang nanubig ang mga mata niya. I got alarmed and tried to reach her hand when she spoke.

"I didn't cheat.." she uttered. "Sadie, I didn't cheat." she shook her head as if she's denying it hardly.

I went closer to her and held both of her hands. I nodded and tried to console her. "Yes, I know you won't do that. I believe you, okay?"

"I-it was all a set up, Nadia did it all. She drugged me that night, I didn't know I wasn't doing it with Brent! I-I didn't know, Sadie, I was out of my mind!"

Napatigagal ako sa kinauupoan ko nang marinig ang sinabi niya. "W-what did you say? Brent?" I asked to clarify.

Patuloy pa rin sa pag-iyak si Moli habang binabawi ang kaniyang kamay sa akin. Tumango siya at suminghap habang pinupunasan ang sariling mga luha.

"I didn't tell you I was dating Luke's brother. I know you don't wanna talk about him, so I couldn't bring it up. We met because of our mutual friends. He was so kind, Sadie. He's just so perfect. But how could he believe what he only saw? Why can't he listen to me at least?"

Napaawang ang labi ko nang makumpirmang si Brent nga ang tinutukoy niya. At ang ex na tinutukoy ni Brent kagabi ay si Moli? Holy fuck, I can't believe I bad mouthed her last night just because he told me she cheated.