Meetings

OMNISCIENT

UP MEETING ROOM

Five main employees are gathered inside the room for an urgent meeting. Everyone remained standing until Suzy enter the room with heavy footsteps which added more tension between them.

"Son Chaeyoung. You're fired. Anything to say?" Suzy said as soon as she came.

Though Chaeyoung already expected the words coming out from Suzy's mouth, she still felt scared and nervous. "I can't accept it, ma'am."

Everyone turned to look at her after she said the line. Silently judging her words from their seat.

Suzy scoffed. "Really? Why?"

"As a lawyer, I believe that anyone who is innocent should not go to jail, not just Miss Myoui Mina. And I just acted on what I believe in."

"Is that so?" Suzy ask with her eyes squinted. "Why did you become a lawyer?"

"Pardon?" Chaeyoung slightly widened her eyes as she didn't expect the question. "Oh, my father was scammed by a store owner and a real estate agent before. He lost his deposit and he was kicked out. I felt so angry when that happened."

"So you became a lawyer to fight injustice? You're an idealist then."

"Pardon? But we nearly became homeless. After that, to avoid becoming a victim of injustice again and to live happily, I wanted to become a lawyer, so I'm not an idealist."

;An idealist is a person who behaves in a way that he thinks will cause positive change, regardless of the actual reality. One whose conduct or thinking is influenced by ideals that often conflict with practical considerations.

Suzy lightly chuckled. "You're right. The universe does not allow an idealistic lawyer to exist. There are three ways for a lawyer to solve a problem. The nice way, the bad way, and the UP way. Are you a lawyer or an UP employee?"

Chaeyoung thinks for some period of time as she does not want any answer that could anger Suzy and put herself into more trouble.

"I'm UP's lawyer."

"If that's the case, UP employees must abide by UP's rules. UP decided to leave Miss Mina in jail."

"I may be a UP employee but I did not want to be fired as Miss Mina's lawyer. Because I'm not an idealist. I do not know if I should be loyal to Miss Mina or UP first. I'm in a tricky position."

Suzy nodded lightly. "You're right. You were great at getting Miss Mina out. I will take back what I said about firing you."

Chaeyoung breaths out in relief, whilst the others look at Suzy with their eyes widened in shock which she ignored and kept her eyes on Chaeyoung.

"Your precarious position will naturally become clearer with time. Until you're given your orders, please continue to take good care of Miss Mina. You are dismissed now." Suzy stated with a smile.

The lawyer smiled and bowed. "Thank you Ms Bae."

Chaeyoung take her leave with eyes following her moves. After exiting the room, she halted and take her time to breath as she was getting suffocated inside.

'Fucking hell, I almost lost my job.'

Going back inside the room, the four finally got to ask questions regarding to what just happened.

"Isn't this an exception?" Sang Sungri asked first.

"Our plans may be affected because Miss Mina was released." Tiffany stated.