Self Investigation

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

JAIL

I hop out of the car and close the door. I was about to walk when I saw Ms Irene walking towards me. I halted and greeted her with a bow.

She just nodded her head and look at me seriously. "Is UP really going to send her to prison?" She ask sternly.

I once bowed my head. "I'm sorry."

"You're supposed to be her lawyer! How much longer are you going to leave her like that? There is really no way to get her out?" She continuously ask.

"I will do my best, Ms Irene."

"Go inside and look at her face. You should be working faster and get her out as soon as possible." She then walk herself out.

I sighed. But hold on, what does she mean about Mina's face?

I widened my eyes upon realizing that something bad happened to her inside.

I entered the room in a hurry and saw her sitting with her hands on her head and humming a song. I then placed my briefcase in the chair and walk towards the latter with a wound on its mouth then kneeled my right knee to lower myself and match our height levels.

"This is nice. I get to have a visitor twice in a row." She said with a smile.

"What happened to your face?" I gently touches the wound on the side of her mouth using my thumb and looking at it worriedly.

This wound seems fresh from a fight since it still has blood on it.

"I look cool with it, right?"

I look at her and creased my forehead. "Did you get into a fight? Is someone giving you a hard time?"

She smiled. "Not at all. No one is giving me a hard time. Let's just say it is a badge of honor I earned for coming to jail. I like this wound."

I sighed and nod my head. What else can I do with it? I know she has been into a fight just now but I also know she handled it well.

I walk back to the chair and sit in front of her. I need to take an immediate action since no one will do that except from me.

"On the day you were arrested, did you check your bag when you left your house?"

"Of course. There was nothing in there."

"Then, did you ever leave your purse anywhere after you left your house?"

She nodded. "When I went inside the fitting room at the store. I left my purse behind and placed it on a table near the fitting room."

"That means someone put the marijuana in your bag at the store. But, how would they have known that you would come to that store that day at that time?"

Mina chuckled and lean her back. "It was already on the script, my dear lawyer."

"Can you elaborate it more? So I can understand the whole scene."

"Sure. I had to go see my mom, but I didn't have anything appropriate to wear. That is when my sister-in-law, Chou Tzuyu came into the scene. She suddenly pop out on my room and ask me what I'm doing. I told her I have nothing to wear and I had to go see my mom, she then recommended me to that store."

"So, your sister-in-law, Chou Tzuyu, introduced you to that store. And she knew that you would go there the next day."

Mina snapped her fingers that made me look at her. She smiled proudly. "You got it right."