Stalker

Chaeyoung's POV

Night came fast just like that. Father must have been waiting for me but here I am, sitting on the white sand and staring at the sea.

The breeze is calming my mind.

I sighed as I remember what happened this day. A lot.

About my client, it didn't work out. They can't meet my charges and told me their going to find another lawyer who can they afford.

I sighed again. I needed the money, but it just flew away just like that. I could just accept Ms.Bae's offer but my pride won't let me.

What I said to that penguin was true. I don't accept money unless I worked for it.

And about her offer. I still need time to think.

I stood up and dust my pants. I should go home.

•••••

SON'S RESTAURANT

Walking down our street, I'm here outside our restaurant and saw Dad cleaning up.

Tears forming in my eyes as I watch him, I feel so bad. His body was aching and he's getting old but still.. he's still working for us.

For me.

I wiped the tears that streamed down on my cheeks and cleared my throat, before going in.

"D-dad, I'm home." I forced a smile.

He turn around and walk towards me then gave me a hug. "You're home. The food is ready, you must have been starving. Let's go."

My eyes are heating up again, but I kept it in and hug him tighter. "Aww, my daughter must have been missing me. Let's eat now, I can't let the tiger hungry." I chuckled as he said that.

I pulled away and look at him. His eyes looks tired but he's still smiling wide. "Let's eat. Don't worry about the mess I'll do it after we eat, okay? I don't accept letters N and O."

He just smiled at me and ruffles my hair. "All right. Thank you."

We sat down and we started eating peacefully. But I can't eat properly as I can't help but get sad and feel bad about our situation.

"Dad. It's too tough. Shall we close down?"

"What do you mean? It's not tough at all."

"You're getting old, and I'll make a lot once I start at a firm. You have to rest, you've done enough."

Dad sighed "Did the case not work out?"

I just look down. He caught me.

"I sold pork ribs to feed and clothe you. And send you to college. Now I have lots of regulars. I should work as long as I can." I can just nod and gave him a liptight smile.

"Oh, did you talk to the landlord? He kept talking about the deposit, so I told him to call you. I have a lawyer daughter, and I could sit up straight for once." he chuckled. "He was too timid to ask you for more money, wasn't he?"

"Well, he didn't say much." I just gave him a smile and he continued eating, I just watch him as he eats deliciously. I breath deeply.