Ch 16: Professor Lupin

"It's okay"

"Let me go"

"How does it feel? To lose everything you fought for"

I sat up in bed wiping sweat from my face. I looked down to the pillow noticing it was drenched. I looked around to see Violet had already left. I walked over to the bathroom leaning against the counter. I couldn't recognize the voices in my head shaking the thought.

I walked down to the common room as Violet turned her head.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" she smiled.

"You got up early" I said.

"Had something to do" she said.

I looked at her confused as she stood up.

"Let's go" she said.

I checked my robe for my wand as Violet held it up smiling. I snatched it from her hand putting it in my pocket.

"Have you met the new defense teacher?" She asked.

"Yeah" I said. "On the train when I checked on Harry."

"You seem off" she said as we sat down.

I turned to her forcing a smile.

"You know out of everybody, I'll always be by your side no matter what" she said.

Professor Lupin walked in smiling.

"Hello students. My name is professor R.J Lupin" he said.

I began examining his face further when Violet nudged me. Throughout the entirety of class I couldn't focus, my mind racing. I slowly got up walking towards the door when Professor Lupin spoke.

"Miss Black, do you mind staying?" He asked.

I nodded at Violet as she left the room without me.

"I noticed you have done exceptionally well in this class from previous years and wanted to know if you would be interested in tutoring some students down the way if need be?" He asked.

"I don't know if you knew but my father is Sirius Black. Who just escaped Azkaban so I doubt anyone will want to be around me since I am a 'murderers' daughter" I said.

He chuckled slightly. I looked inside his mind to see a younger version of himself being pushed around by three Slytherin boys before a single Gryffindor stepped in to help him. I smiled slightly before a memory caught my attention. It was a young girl on his shoulders with ginger hair and green eyes, the smile on my face disappearing.

"What is wrong?" He asked.

"You know me don't you?" I asked.

He seemed to not want to answer.

"If you lie I'll know, I can read minds even though you are a werewolf" I said.

He smiled slightly trying to hide it.

"Your father, Sirius, was my- was my-" he took a moment "was my best friend."

"I don't remember you" I said.

"Your mother hid the memories" he said.

"I know" I said. "She hid a lot inside my head."

She sighed nodding.

"Do you remember my father?" I asked.

"You resemble Wanda, very much so but from what I've heard, you are a miniature Sirius" he said.