Ch 13: Confessions

I could feel Fred's eyes staring at me from across the table.

"What" I said not looking up from my paper.

"He's mad at you" he said.

"I know" I said. "I don't really care. She messed with my sister."

"Did you really have to break her nose?" He asked.

"I didn't know I was going to break her nose, it just happened to be a bonus" I said.

He dropped the subject looking down to his paper. I finished my assignment first tapping my fingers as Fred slowly finished his. We walked yo the court yard to look for Violet when I saw George and Katie sitting next to each other on a bench rather close.

"Let's prank the Ravenclaws" Fred said.

"I'm not in the mood for pranking" I said turning around.

"It'll be fun" he sang. "We can do the itching slime."

I hid a smile giving in. We gathered the ingredients as we both sat on the floor staring at the cauldron.

"Do you think you'll ever see your dad?" He asked.

"I hope so but I doubt it" I said.

I thought about him, hoping one day I would see him.

"Listen-" I started to say as the slime began bubbling.

"It's ready!" He said.

I smiled as we dumped it into two different buckets. I levitated the buckets as we walked to Ravenclaw Tower. I placed the buckets right above the common room entrance. We waited a couple minutes until students came out. I tilted my hands as the buckets tipped over covering the three students in the itching slime. I smiled realizing one of those students was Roger.

"Wicked" Fred smiled.

I dropped the buckets as we ran down the hall and outside. I hadn't realized how dark it had gotten until we stood outside slowly walked towards the dock.

"Fred I need to tell you something" I said.

"You fancy George?" He asked.

I had decided not to lie this time.

"Yes" I said. "But that's not what I wanted to say."

He snapped his head to me shocked.

"I wasn't expecting you to admit it" he said.

"I've always felt a connection with him. A connection I've never felt with anyone but him" I said. "I never expected to at least."

"He fancies you" he said.

"Don't lie to me to make me feel better. You saw him with Katie too" I said.

"You've never looked inside his mind before to see if he does?" He asked.

"I have never nor will I ever enter your minds" I said. "I just can't do it."

Fred and I stared out into the lake as I took a deep breath.

"You trust your mother?" I asked.

"Course I do" he said.

I held my hand up creating a small red energy ball, that was very different than my psionic ones. I threw it as it turned into a cloud.

"That night my aunt died, I couldn't really remember much" I said walking towards it. "Until i did."

Fred looked at the cloud as it played a memory.

"How are you doing this?" He asked.

I turned to him.

"My mother hid memories inside my own head. She was there, she was so close to getting there in time" I said. "But she wasn't fast enough."

We watched Lily put Harry in his crib then turn to me.

"Pumpkin" she whispered pushing my hair back. "Protect Harry. Protect your siblings."

The door was thrown off it's hinges. I looked away once Voldemort drew his wand to her. He held up his wand once more to Harry as my mother appeared. She casted a spell to him as Voldemort's body was no more. She looked down to Lily's body weeping, pulling her younger sister to her lap. I swiped my hand as the cloud disappeared.

"I uncovered all of my hidden memories of Lily, my uncle James, my own father" I said.

"How are you able to project your memories like that?" He asked.

"To be completely honest, I don't know. There's a lot of my powers I don't fully understand and yet I do?" I said. "I don't know why she said what she did. She told me I am the answer and I don't know how."

"I mean if you are the most powerful witch to exist, wouldn't it make sense you be apart of the downfall of the most evil wizard of all time?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said.

I turned my head to see George running towards us.

"Don't tell anybody" I said.

Fred nodded as I walked away. I walked past George not saying a word.

"Seriously?" George yelled.

I ignored his yells walking back to the common room. I looked at Violet who was sitting on the couch. I smiled walking towards her.

"I heard the Ravenclaw's were covered in itching slime" she said.

"Okay?" I said.

"Your doing?" She asked.

"Course not. I would never do such a thing" I smiled.

"Right, because you and Fred both were out of anyones sight for a couple hours" she said.

"Okay maybe I had something to do with it" I said.

We turned around as Katie walked in with Angelina and Alicia on either side of her. She ignored my presence not even giving me a glance.

"I'm telling you, he fancies you" Angelina said.

Alicia looked at me smiling slightly. I sent a small smile to her turning back to Violet.

"Want to go out for some fresh air?" She asked.

"I was just at the Black Lake" I said.

"We can go to the pitch and stare at the stars?" She said.

"Fine" I said.