29 - "Five Feet Apart"

"Welcome back Earth people!" I greet as I get a big hug from Sapnap.

Did I mention that THE Sapnap is now one of my closest friends?

"Sapitus, I am deeply offended. You left me for my sister," Karl complained as he hauled their luggage towards my car.

"Come on Karl. You already know Sap and I are best friends. Besides I'm just excited to see you guys again. It got hella lonely without you here," I said as the luggage was once again loaded into my car.

It gave me flashbacks to almost a month ago when Alex and Karl arrived.

"Yeah Karl, don't be a buzz kill," Nick laughed.

"Kill joy Karl," I joked.

(MCR fans wya)

"I'm getting ganged up on by my two favorite people in the world," Karl huffed as him and Sapnap hopped into the back seat.

"I'm picking the playlist," Sap grabbed the aux before Karl could. "Does Arctic Monkeys sound good?"

"Mhm," I nodded and then the all too familiar music started to play.

We drove and sang along to the music with some awkward chatting and other stuff.

"So when can I help with your apartment?" I ask.

"Kayden you should be worrying about college, not us," Karl says.

"Sappy please tell your boyfriend to stop being mean," I pout as I pull into my driveway.

"Kade, he's right though. Not everyone gets a fully paid art scholarship to NYU," Sap counter argues. I parked and sighed.

"This is unfair. I can slack and still get good grades. Besides I could paint your apartment. That's like basically school," I said as we unloaded their luggage.

"You can help with the moving truck. It's not too much stuff since you know we lived with our parents," Karl finally agrees. We hauled the shit up the stairs and I sighed.

"Ha, nerds. I knew I would win. Anyway, what do you guys want for lunch?" I ask as we enter my apartment.

"Do you have food here?" Sapnap asks.

"If ramen and a week old half eaten subway sandwich counts then yes," I said, checking my fridge and pantry.

"Okay, Uber Eats it is. Sushi or pizza?" Karl asked, whipping out his phone.

"Pizza," Sapnap and I said at the same time.

"Yes! Best friend goals!" I laughed. We high-fived.

"Plain cheese, pepperoni, or bacon," Karl read off a menu.

"Bacon obviously," I replied.

"Wait, make it half plain cheese and half bacon," Sapnap added and moved some bags to the guest room.

"Ordered," Karl said.

"So do you guys need to stream while you're here?" I asked them.

"Maybe once but we don't stream a lot. I've seen your new stream though. Getting really popular with the dsmp huh?" Karl wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Come on, you know Dream won't let me join the server. I can barely function in Minecraft. Besides once school starts, I'll rarely be streaming," I sigh.

"Okay, what show should we watch on Netflix though?" Sappy asked interrupted my very blurry thoughts.

"Definitely Stranger Things," Karl said.

"No, how about Five feet apart?" I input.

"We are not watching five feet apart Kayden," Sapnap looks at me.

~an hour and a half later~

"Holy shit, her best friend just died in front of her," Sappy sobs as he eats a piece of pizza.

Karl is crying hysterically while staring at his pizza slice.

"Stella, no don't do that," Sapitus Napitus says as we watch Stella ruin her hospital room.

"I told you this movie was good," I said as silent tears spilled down my face.

"Shut the hell up," Karl said with a shaky breath.

We had just gotten to the scene where Will and Stella were walking to see the lights.

My stomach churned because I knew what would happen.

Then over the next ten minutes I watched two fully grown men fall apart.

"Kayden Jacobs, I swear if there is a movie that is more sadder than this I will cry even more," Sapnap said as he hid in a blanket cocoon and blew his nose.

We went through a whole tissue box and I ate three slices of pizza. Karl was still staring at his first.

Then the ending of the movie came where Will was saying goodbye to Stella.

"You're done Kayden. You're literally done. This is too emotionally wrecking for me," Karl cried.

"The book was sadder," I argued as I started to cry heavily.

"Yeah? The book was sadder? Oh my country texan ass Kayden I could just imagine," Sapnap said sarcastically as we all cried like absolute babies.

When the movie ended, we all looked at each other and burst out crying even more.

"I feel like shit guys," Karl said.

He took a shaky bite of pizza.

I went to the bathroom and took a good look at myself all broken and red from crying.

This was who I was on the inside and I think it's ironic how it takes one moment to really show my true colors.

After I had left the bathroom, Karl and Sappy had cleaned up the living room.

They were going to get some energy drinks at the gas station down the street.

"Take my spare key," I said.

They took off down the street hand in hand and I smiled as I watched them go.

Oh to be young and in love.