If Anything Happens I Love You

I have a million reasons for why I haven't been able to update until now but at the end of the day none of them are worth sharing, either way enjoy this. The support that continues to grow even when I disappear is insane and there's no way I can ever thank you guys enough. Anyways the storyline is picking up again and there will definitely be another chapter out soon.

Nobody's POV:

"What are you thinking about?" Henry asks, stars glittering against the blanket of night.

"N-Nothing, just a feeling, it's nice," Tommy responds, staring to the galaxy above like it held all the answers of the world, perhaps it did.

"Why did you run from them?" Henry questions, his tone soft, an invitation to share or not to share. The words are already rushing out of Tommy's mouth before he can second guess himself.

"I had a dream- a nightmare, it was a fucked up coincidence, it's probably a side effect of whatever drugs they gave us hooked on... and the nightmare was so fucked that when I actually saw them I just-"

"You just couldn't, because that's what the pills do, they subdue you, they prohibit you, they tear you down, I hate them."

Tommy bristled at the rare anger that bled through Henry's tone. "I don't know, big man, you seem like you light up the world even with them."

"So it seems," Henry whispers staring into the night, a look in his eyes of something- something Tommy couldn't understand. He almost asks, but Henry cuts in before he has the opportunity to.

"I wonder how it'd be if we'd met in a different life, before any of this," Henry makes eye contact, "I wonder how your eyes would look if they still shone."

And to that Tommy was speechless, the words striking a chord so deep within him that the resounding effect practically had him curling in on himself, his eyes burning slightly with tears that never fell. With the way the drugs muted emotions, Tommy was astounded they ever even came to his eyes.

There was a long silence and for a moment Henry thought Tommy wouldn't respond. That they would sit there in this peaceful, yet somber moment forever, suspended in the stars.

Nothing lasts forever.

"I- I don't know- I'm not sure who I am without the things that have happened to me. Who am I without it?"

"Yourself, I presume."

"What if I don't like who that is? Even if I make it through this, if I heal, what if I don't like who's on the other side," Tommy whispers, the voice in his head reminding him of how much he already hates himself currently, making Tommy cringe.

"You'll always be you, Tommy, the people that love you will always love the same you that's always been there, that always will be."

"I had thought they'd forgotten about me."

"There's something about you, and even though there aren't stars in your eyes anymore, you practically hold the whole universe in the palm of your hand, you leave a lasting impression on everyone you meet, they will never stop fighting for you."

"I wish."

"You wish what?"

"I wish I held the universe. Maybe then I'd contort it, mold it into something more, into something kinder."

"I believe we are all extensions of the universe itself in a way, we are the universe, and for that the universe is not kind to the ones that it should be the kindest to."

A silence occurred, nothing but their breathing in the chilly air and the night sky to accompany it.

"The way she looked at me, she's planning something. I-I don't think I'll make it out." Henry says, fear yet acceptance in his tone, Tommy nearly fell off the roof at the admission, whirling around with fire in his eyes.