Good Enough

Alright so there's not much to say about this chapter, I wasn't sure about what to add for music so I just didn't add any lol. Anyways, I hope you enjoy! Thanks for all the recent support! Vote or comment if you like it!

Techno's POV

I sat and stared at the boy on the table. I still couldn't believe I was staring at Tommy.

Tommy.

He had countless wires and machines connected to him, his hair was still matted with blood even after the doctors' feeble attempts to clean him up, the beeping of his heart monitor was spaced and weak.

Too weak.

However, clinging onto the beeping of that heart monitor was the only thing keeping me in consciousness as the weeks of fighting so hard caught up with me. They had caught up with all of us.

Tubbo was asleep in the chair next to me with his head on Phil's shoulder who wasn't quite asleep but I could tell was getting close.

Dream was pacing back and forth next to Tommy, every now and then he would throw a worried glance at the boy or look at me like he wanted to say something, but inevitably decided against it.

Wilbur was like a statue, he hadn't moved in hours. He simply sat with his arms propped up on his legs as he stared at Tommy. He leg shook in anticipation and his gaze never wavered, his bloodshot eyes looking like something out of a horror movie.

I wondered if I looked the same. I sat similar to Wilbur with my head resting against the cold wall of the hospital as I stared at the boy.

I truly thought that I had lost him.

For the second time he had been gone, taken so unfairly from this world.

I stared at his exposed stomach and saw the word weak finally starting to scar over.

It angered me that Tommy would have to wake up and look at it everyday and be reminded of his suffering all over again.

If he woke up.

Nobody's POV

The boys sat around the bed just as they had for weeks prior. To an interested doctor or curious patient who looked through the window of the room it may have looked as if nothing had changed since then.

But if you looked closer you could see the anxiety and grief practically radiating from the group. The fresh tears, the wide eyes, the looks of disbelief.

Earlier, when they had accepted Tommy's brain death it had never really clicked for them that he was gone.

But now.

Well now, they had actually experienced that feeling only hours earlier.

The feeling of him being truly gone,

Of losing him.

Well now, it was an entirely different story.

All of them had realized just how much they couldn't stand that loss in their lives, no matter how much Tommy said they'd be okay. They needed him just as much as he needed them. He deserved to open his eyes, he deserved to go and watch the sunrise with his true family, he deserved to live for the first time in his life, but would he?

That's something no one knew.

Many doctors appeared throughout the night to change a bag of dripping fluid or to check the machines that were hooked up to Tommy.

Doctor Murphy made several appearances looking determined and calm. He tried to appear confident. However, the boys were far too familiar with masks by now, so they saw right through him.