twenty.

Chapter 20: the twentieth eve

It was Christmas eve, and yet the pairs haven't made up or resolved yet. They kept lingering around their own friends and ignore each other.

Jay on the other side, equally hung out with Sunghoon and Jake often. He informed them about the breakup as well, they tried to convince Jay to resolve the problem, but he didn't muster the courage to talk to the younger as well. He felt like he was missing a piece of his life, completely lost it himself.

Jungwon on the other side was slowly recovering from the pain and sorrow but- he still cared about him. He checked up secretly, even stalked or followed. He smiled whenever he remembered memories of him and Jay, despite him being his ex. He missed being with Jay as well, but they had very small chemistry as lovers so it was prone to the both of them losing feelings.

Even if the happiness lasted for several weeks, I still love you. I want to see how you are without me. I hope you're doing well, I wanted to be with you forever but guess what?It failed, our label failed, Jaywon failed. It's just not going be it anymore, the scenario. Please confess to her, she deserves you more than you do to me.♡︎

Jungwon dropped a note with this jotted down. He asked Ni-ki to give the note to Jay when he meets.

He received a text from Sunoo that he's going to stay after school study for his exams while at night he will go buy stuff for Christmas.

Ni-ki always stumbled on Sunoo. He just stared whenever he did, to get a chance to see him again. They were no more benchmates and either ignored each other or just talked a bit when it was important.  

Jungwon started noticing that Sunoo started getting duller and sulkier. Same as before. He hated it. He wished it did not exist in him. He knew that Ni-ki helped Sunoo get over some things, but when Ni-Ki left again, he felt same as before.

He decided to finally try to convince Ni-ki that Sunoo isn't bad as he imagined. He planned it by going to his class and calling him to come over the stairs to have lunch.

Sunoo was aware but he didn't mind. He was going to Jay, since he wanted to hang out with him.

He entered Jay's class during lunch break, along with his tiffin box carried along. He sat on the chair beside Jay.

Sunghoon and Jake shook when they saw him. Sunoo just stared, moved, then ignored. He blinked twice, sweating in panic.

"Sunghoon? Jake?" Jay asked. Sunoo almost had tears in his eyes so he got up and left his class, as swift as possible.

Jays jaw dropped, he couldn't believe what he saw in his eyes. "What's with Sunoo, Sunghoon and Jake?" He thought.

"Well eh, just leave it. It's a topic we wouldn't like to talk about." Jake stated. Sunghoon nodded as he hooked hands with Jake.

"Anyways, Sunoo's sad, you can go talk to him for today. He really needs help for real, as long he's your best friend just go comfort him. Don't ask about what happened between us. That's all." Sunghoon smiled at Jay. Jay smiled back and just ran towards the lift.

He saw Sunoo with watery eyes. The elder then just pulled him to his embrace and let him cry his heart out.

"Please it's nothing. It's just a small conflict between me against Jake and Sunghoon. The past hurts me. Joonyoung...Ni-ki..." He cried.

"Well, chill out. Ni-ki is just overthinking and I swear I'll just help you out with him." Jay said.

Deep down there, there was a certain someone of six feet watching the two, dumbfounded. He was on his way to the staircase but stumbled upon seeing this. Yes, Nishimura Riki was deep down hurt, seeing this.

"Am I the reason he cried?" He wondered. He didn't feel right. He felt as if he was unresolved.

He went down the staircase to meet Jungwon. He waved, the elder waved back.

"Hi Jungwon! Long time I haven't talked? How are  you doing?" Ni-ki grinned at him.

"Oh me? I'm doing well, thank you kind man." Jungwon replied. He continued his convo  by saying, "Well I have something to address."

Ni-ki raised an eyebrow as he said, "Contiue."

Jungwon stated, "Please stop. Just stop ignoring Sunoo. Please. He's my best friend for ten years. It hurts to see him broken. Just fix your issues against him atleast, unlike mine and my ex's relationship."

Ni-ki widened his eyes, his heart started to beat again. He palpitated along with sweating.

"Well what can I say? He flirts with other guys and does stuff like kissing Sunghoon during a relationship." Ni-ki hesitated.

Jungwon frowned, he narrowed his eyes and responded, "What?! No! That's completely prejudiced and way not true. I literally know everything about him, he wouldn't flirt with Ta-ki. Ta-ki is not into guys either. He doesn't unnecessarily flirt, just with you and Joonyoung."
Ni-ki took a short breath. He gasped again. He was embarrassed so he blushed.

Jungwon continued explaining, "Oh about him kissing Sunghoon? Oh damn it, let's just say he was forced by the one and only, his ex. Of course, his ex had a grudge against Jake so he wanted revenge against him by forcing Sunoo to kiss him. What happened next was just so ugh, so Jake saw it and got jealous. Sunghoon pushed him, and said words such as 'burn in hell' and cursed at him as well. Joonyoung,that attention seeker blamed the hell out of Sunoo. Since that day they aren't in each other's favours. Please don't mention the scenario ever again."

Ni-ki got up and exclaimed, "No way! Is this seriously true?!" Jungwon nodded in silence.

"I've gotta apologise to him real quick." Ni-ki groaned.He continued, "Aren't you like mad at me? I hurted your best friend! If you are the please forgive me, I won't hurt Sunoo ever again."

"I'm not mad. It's prejudiced and unfair of your side. But they'll stay constant in every friendship and relationship and you've to get through it. Normalise fights and problems, and you'll get through it." Jungwon said, blankly expressing.

"Same goes to you and Jay. Please get back with him, you act like a crazy stalker near him. How is he that dumb to realise you haven't-" Ni-ki exclaimed but got cut of by Jungwon confessing, "I still like Jay."

Ni-ki cheered while clapping and asked Jungwon to get back to Jay, because he missed the younger dearly.

"No the scenario is just awkward but I'll try okay? As of now can you update me with your feelings for the guy you desperately love huh?" Jungwon asked while smirking.

"Of course, I still like Sunoo. He can't even escape my mind ugh!"

———
End of chapter 20
^^