TWENTY-EIGHT (Iselen POV)

"Sorry to interrupt..." Azara comes into the room smiling and walks dodging chairs and side tables like she can see them, I'm fascinated by her ability to know where we are despite she's blind and I think it's a present from Mother Nature but also the result of this amazing witch's determination to survive and turn her weakness into a strength. Azara has worked really hard to be here, alive and happy, and her effort is very inspiring. "We've finished cleaning the house definitely and also took a look around the garden, just in case."

"We don't trust that demonic witch," Mahsati growls handling her wheelchair nimbly. "She could've left another unpleasant surprise hidden in the property. We didn't find anything, fortunately..." The necromancer explains when Ruby raises an eyebrow, inquisitively.

"Well, that's not exactly true, I found some kind of charm made of silver near the gate and I don't know if it belongs to one of you..." Azara raises her hand and something sparkles under the sunlight coming through the living room window. "I don't know what this is."

"Eww!" I get up abruptly startling Ruby and walk around the couch to use it as a barricade between my body and Azara's arm. "Do not get close to me holding that... My hunter doesn't like the energy coming from that thing at all; I'm feeling sick in my stomach, I swear."

"I don't understand it, we've cleaned the house and property carefully, there's no trace of negative energy I can feel..." Azara frowns, touching the silver with her fingertips slowly till she shakes her head. "It's just a broken charm..." Mahsati and Aletta touch the small piece of jewellery too because they're closer to the witch and shrug finally, confused.

"I don't notice anything strange," the Valkyrie confirms, staring at me puzzled.

"I don't care, I know what I'm feeling and don't like it..." I reply moving a step back. Ruby gets up and grabs the charm to take a closer look while I watch her grimacing. "Seriously, there's something evil in this pendant."

"Iselen's hunter is way more sensitive than us and can sense traces of negative energy that go unnoticed among other witches, as she showed us at Miss Yangyang's house, so something's going on here, for sure. Does anyone recognize the symbol engraved on the silver surface?" The girls and Lester get closer with curiosity and they all take a look, the charm goes from hand to hand while I lean my back on the wall closer to the French doors leading to the garden, trying to get rid of my nausea.

"The problem here is that it's broken and the design isn't complete," Jaru gives the pendant back to Ruby. "But it looks like a Western magical symbol, I don't think it's Australian or African."

"I have an idea." Elvira takes Ivy's pen and beckons at my girl to move closer to the board. "These magical symbols are symmetrical, usually, so I can draw this side... and maybe complete it duplicating the lines on the other side... Aletta, do you think this is a cross or a rune?"

"I don't know, honestly, you're the graphic designer here so you have an eye for geometrical shapes."

"I think it looks like a five-pointed star but sharper than usual, enclosed by a circle and then a bigger triangle..." Elvira whispers pensively, stepping back to have a better look of the board.

"Oh, shit!" Ruby whispers cutting the Mexican girl off and we all turn around to look at her shocked but she ignores us and fixes her eyes on the drawing.

"Okay, that didn't sound good," I answer concerned.

"Because it's bad, really bad," Angelie gets closer to Elvira and takes the pen to complete the design adding some runes, a half moon and symbols that look like traditional Zodiac signs but I don't recognize them. "This is high level black magic."