TWENTY (Iselen POV)

Ruby sighs looking through the taxi window lost in her thought. She's still kind to her clients, she still takes care of her coven, feeds Morgan and cooks for me... she hugs me every night but her mind is thousands of miles away while doing all those things like an automaton. Sometimes, the hunter in my head laughs with morbid satisfaction when he notices that the witch is worried but my druid kicks his ass hard and watches the beautiful woman powerless, not knowing how to help her. The truth is that we don't know that much, not even if my theory about the succubus is true, although the girls started to consider it a real possibility when Lester confirmed that his friend the shaman jumped from the bridge very early in the morning and Sarah had been taking a nap like Miss Yangyang.

The coven has been busy working hard to be able to go to New Orleans as planned but they're also spending their free time checking books, calling other witches and trying to gather information about succubi, zombies and everything related to mind control. They all have strengthened the protective spells in their homes paying a special attention to the ones around their beds. The invisible shield around Diana Siena's crib is the most powerful the coven has ever casted, even the High Priestess was shocked because we were exhausted that night and our mood wasn't the best, but we were determined to protect the baby and Mother Nature helped us channelling a lot of energy.

Louisa was furious because someone dared to kill her lovely neighbour and can't wait to find the persons responsible for this to be able to kick their asses to the moon, getting angry is how she deals with sorrow but her combative mood has spread to the coven and they're all working hard to find out who's behind these deaths. Ruby's wiser and more cautious and prefers to focus on protection till we have more information, I can hardly walk even a step through the apartment without tripping over a quartz crystal, a bottle full of oil with healing herbs or one of her mini brooms embellished with flowers that keep bad energy away.

Yalitza agrees with the artist and prefers to be cautious too, of course she's told her clients that someone is attacking witches in their dreams and the information came from Ruby because that gives credibility to the story given that my girl is very respected, but hasn't mentioned the word succubus because many people would think it's a joke. I don't understand it, honestly, men and women with magical knowledge are supposed to have an open mind, they're able to connect with other realities, seeing or feeling other worlds that aren't visible. Why are they refusing to accept that demons can be as real as we are?

Ruby hands the money to the taxi driver and opens the door but she's still lost in her thought. I follow her looking around with curiosity, I've never been in Brooklyn before despite all these past months living in NY but I like what I see: a clean street, trees on the sidewalk, a nearby pizza restaurant smells heavenly and the gorgeous brick house has a bay window... Savannah told me Ruby's mom refused to leave the popular neighbourhood of Bay Ridge and her old friends but allowed her daughter to buy her a better and bigger house. I run my fingers through my hair nervously and fix my jacket before moving one step closer to the stairs but my movements seem to snap Ruby back to reality and she looks at me blinking surprised.

"Are you nervous? Really? Baby, my mom adores you..."

"But she doesn't know me," I answer in disbelief and my girlfriend chuckles.

"Iselen, my mother raised me to be an independent woman, with a lucid mind and strong personality, and that's why she trusts my judgement. She believes that I chose you because you're smart, lovely, funny, amazing, out of the ordinary... My mom loves everything that's special and different..."

"But she should be worried because there's a hunter in my head that tried to stab her daughter on one occasion, shouldn't she?" The artist smiles and shakes her head, gesturing with her hand to tell me to climb the stairs.