THIRTY-SIX (Iselen POV)

"Ruby, where are you?" I ask while turning my head, bewildered. There's nothing in here... Everything is white around me, there're no walls, floor or ceiling, and it doesn't look like the studio where we fell asleep some minutes ago.

The last thing I remember is that we lay on some pillows and blankets while our friends were watching us quietly, my witch took my hand and asked me to synchronize our breathing pace like we do when we meditate before performing a ritual... or before having tantric sex. I remember I yawned and closed my eyes, I felt Morgan getting closer and rubbing her soft head against my cheek before curling up against my back, as she does every night... and that's all. I'm here now but I can't see anything, I feel like I'm floating in the emptiness under a bright light; at least it's not dark and that's nice.

"I'm behind you, babe," I turn around and sigh relieved, taking her hand. It feels real, warm and soft, despite I know it's a dream.

"Ruby, you've scared me. What's this place?" My girl frowns, confused.

"We're in my dream, inside my mind, where we're supposed to fight against that bitch... This is what we planned, didn't we?"

"But there's nothing in here."

"Well, I let my mind go blank while we were meditating to be able to fall asleep as soon as possible. What's the problem?"

"You don't usually dream about a white-coloured emptiness," I answer, shaking my head in exasperation. "The succubus won't believe you've fallen asleep in the studio and will realize this is a trap immediately, you need to create an atmosphere and a credible stage for this theatre play, babe, or she'll run away."

"Okay, I understand, you're right. Mmmm... what about this?"

"The tattoo studio? Do you usually dream about your workplace?" I ask slightly disappointed but relieved because at least there's a hardwood floor under my feet now, even if it's not real.

"I usually dream of you," Ruby answers immediately, making me smile. "Yes, I dream about the studio when I'm very busy and stressed, although those are nightmares, actually... Let me think... Is this better?"

"Oh yes, this is beautiful. Where are we?" I ask taking a deep breath to enjoy the ocean smell, there's wet sand under my feet and tall cliffs around us, waves have eroded the rock and created tunnels covered with algae. The landscape looks like something out of a fairy tale.

"This is a beach I visited years ago, I always wanted to come back..." My precious witch takes a look around, smiling happily, and I nod.

"We'll go together when this is over. But now... are you connected to the coven?" I ask worried.

"No, but I feel Lester and our sisters very close, I think I can reach them easily if I want to. When do you think Abra... the bitch... will show her face?"

"Very soon, I hope, but you have to try to look tired, weak and pale so she doesn't suspect and... Morgan, what are you doing here?" I ask confused when I notice that the cat is sitting at my feet on the sand, staring at me quietly. "Ruby, are you dreaming about your pet?"

"No, she's as real as you," my girl frowns, perplexed. "She must've sneaked in my mind when I opened it to let you in. I don't understand it... what is she doing here?"

"It doesn't matter, you'll answer that question later," I reply closing my eyes feeling a strong headache. "My stomach feels sick so I guess she's getting close, you must get ready..."

"Okay, babe, but remember that her protective charms work in a different way. They don't avert the energy so, if you attack her with a spell, it'll rebound and will come back to you stronger... You'll have to cast a magic shield to stop them." I nod, taking a deep breath and getting ready. We've been working on this, I've been studying magic with Vinnia and the Goddess supports us. I know we'll succeed... The succubus' power won't be able to fight the energy of my entire coven, I'm sure of that.