THIRTY-FOUR (Ruby POV)

I step on the gas and turn right skidding, praying to the Goddess so she can help us to avoid any police car because we can't waste time if they stop us for speeding... We cannot give a good explanation either. No officer would believe that a demon is going to attack a baby and we're the witch and druid that will save her, above all because we look like two crazy ladies wearing our coats on top of our pyjamas and some sneakers, our hairs is a mess too. I can't waste time casting a spell that could manipulate their minds to forget they've seen us.

"Vinnia, hurry up and call everybody, you have to get to Louisa's apartment as fast as possible," Iselen yells at her phone, sitting next to me while trying not to hit the door when the car veers again.

"What's wrong?" I ask when I see her shaking her head while throwing the phone in her backpack that's on the backseat.

"She already knew it, apparently, the entire coven noticed that something was wrong with you, they were all awake and getting dressed, waiting for your call..."

"Of course they knew, we're very close and energy flows between all the sisters even if we're not performing a ritual," I answer relieved when we arrive to Louisa's street. "They must've woken up at the same time you were shaking my shoulders in bed."

"Elvira is still here helping to take care of the baby and Aletta will be the first one getting to the apartment because she lives nearby... Where do you think the bitch is?" My girl asks jumping out of the car after I park carelessly in front of the building. The street is quiet, the lampposts light up the sidewalk and a tabby cat stares at us with curiosity but Abrahel and her minions are no where to be seen. "My druid is anxious and worried but the hunter can't sense the demon, I don't understand it..."

"It doesn't matter, my love, hurry up." I run towards the door casting a spell that opens it violently, Iselen follows me while we climb up the stairs two at a time ignoring the elevator, gasping for air, everything seems quiet and it's possible that nothing bad is happening here, maybe this is a false alarm and the bitch was just trying to fool me so I had a nervous breakdown. "Fuck!"

I should've imagined this since I've done the same in my apartment: Louisa casted a spell that soundproofs and seals the walls of her home so her neighbours can't hear us when we gather here. It's easier to keep them ignorant of what's going on than explaining why we're dragging furniture from here to there, dancing and singing, or why our houses always smell of incense, burnt herbs and candle wax. I can feel violence and evil pulsing behind the door while we stop for a second to catch our breaths... I look at Iselen hesitating but the druid frowns and shakes her head, clenching her jaw. She's been studying hard and I know she can fight in a basic way but she's not an expert handling magic yet and I don't want her to get hurt.

"I'll walk behind you if you want... but I'm not staying here," she growls with determination and I smile, feeling proud deep inside.

"Are you ready, love?" Iselen nods and I whisper an order for the door to open. A gust of hot wind pushes us back and we struggle to get into the apartment trying not to fall and land on our asses, there're books all over the floor, overturned furniture and torn leaves from Ivy's plants are flying in the air while the negative energy makes the walls creak.

"Oh my God," the druid whispers next to me, scared, protecting her head with her arms because a photo frame almost bangs her forehead when a shelf shakes. "Louisa!"

"Here!" My sister answers from the bedroom and we both run to the corridor, or rather, we try because the wind is still determined to push us back and books, flower pots and porcelain figurines are flying all over the place, crashing against us. Iselen grabs my coat and pulls hard, stopping me abruptly.