TWENTY-SEVEN (Iselen POV)

"You like it, don't you? It's gorgeous..." Primrose smiles holding Diana Siena in her arms and showing her the lamp in a corner of the living room, the sun rays go through the crystal pendants and all the colours of the rainbow are reflected on the wallpaper, the baby tries to grab one of the crystals clumsily while laughing and the beautiful blonde hits the other pendants with her index so they shake and the colourful lights dance around faster. At least, we know we can trust this witch, otherwise Diana would be crying.

"It's been years since the last time I saw her wearing clothes like these. Our families used to go picnic together in summer and we played on the grass till we were 14 years old and got interested in other things, like going to the fair with boys... Later, she started wearing those antique dresses and everybody thought she was a little crazy..." Savannah whispers sitting on the couch next to me. "It's been years since I saw her wearing jeans and a T-shirt."

"My baby adores her," Louisa smiles folding Diana's small sweater and shoving it into her bag. "It's pretty clear that her decision to wear crinoline and drink tea with finger sandwiches English style is her hobby or maybe she feels it makes her stand out from the other witches in this city, it makes her feel special, but in times of crisis she forgets about her role of the lady of the manor and is willing to help looking for some information in that massive library she has."

"And she's powerful," Ivy whispers looking at Primrose out of the corner of her eye, concerned in case she hears us but she's still playing with the baby and ignores us. "Protective spells around her house are amazing... Do you remember when we got here two days ago?"

I nod staring at the blonde girl while she starts singing a lullaby in French and the baby smiles. The truth is that Primrose's help has been invaluable from the moment we showed up at her door: ten pale and exhausted witches with messy hair, an Australian healer that looked at the woman wearing a satin and lace nightgown and a robe with a long train like an evening dress bewildered, and a baby that didn't stop crying. Mahsati decided to go with Angelie to explain her police officer friend what was happening and help the Council members to clean the house. Savannah started to tell the story but her old friend cut her off, raising her hand and turning to look at Lester.

"I told you. Come in, I'll tell the butler to get a room ready for the baby and her mother first, it's obvious she needs to go to sleep now... Are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm fine, don't worry, I can wait..." I nodded leaning on Ruby's arm despite I was exhausted. I looked horrible, probably, pale and with dark circles, with tracks of tears on my cheeks, since she noticed I was feeling worse than the others immediately. "Diana Siena needs to eat and go to bed, it's getting late..."

"Primrose, would you mind if I check the protective spells of the house and maybe reinforce them? It's been a hard night for us and I need my coven to feel safe." My girl asked politely after helping me to sit down on a chair in the beautiful kitchen with cream and blue tiles. Our hostess nodded while putting a pot on the stove to make some hot cocoa for us.

"You can do what you think is best." Ruby left with Thyra while we munched some cookies and Lester gave us porcelain cups, the butler came back to tell Louisa that the attic room was ready for her and even put some clean sheets and blankets on Primrose old crib. My girl arrived right in time to drink her cocoa still hot and she whispered surprised.

"We were unable to reinforce the protective spells, they're so powerful that I can't cast them better..." Thyra nodded quietly but looking at our hostess with new respect while she left the kitchen to help the butler to put more clean sheets and towels in our rooms and bathrooms. I could have a shower that soothed my headache before going to bed, my girl hugged me tight and I fell asleep immediately.