SIX (Ruby POV)

These wonderful works of art were made by the one and only Zdvyhl, my inspiration for Ruby's character. She's extraordinarily talented, brilliant and beautiful in all senses (and has a very good taste choosing friends) You can check her amazing tattoos on her Instagram account, follow her or show some love liking her posts. 

https://www.instagram.com/zdvyhl/ 

"I have to go..."

"You must be joking..." I let out in disbelief while the pretty brunette shoves my shoulders frantically trying to push me away.

"Ruby, let me go..." There's a hint of hysteria in her tone of voice that worries me and I decide to obey her, getting up, but I'm not letting her leave this parlour without giving me a rational explanation.

Damn it, everything was going so well... She was nervous when she arrived but I managed to calm her down and when I started working on her wrist...It was perfect, the ink slipped softly under her pale skin following the letters outline, it was so easy... For a second, I got the impression that I wasn't doing that tat but the name of the toddler appeared magically on her flawless skin. Lines were clear and the black ink shone when I finished, the skin was reddened but I knew it'd heal well and the result would be perfect. Iselen was lovely and funny, her praises sounded sincere in my ears and I couldn't help playing with her a little till she kissed me. I wanted to feel her so bad and thank her for the trust she placed in me... I thought I could take her out for dinner to celebrate the first of many tattoos and maybe I could convince her to go to my apartment later and try my bed, for a change.

But suddenly, she got tensed under my body and shoved me away almost rudely. I didn't understand what was going on because my mind was clouded by lust and satisfaction after a well done job... Till I saw what she'd seen and realized that Ivy, Savannah and I myself were wrong: Iselen knows perfectly what's inside the cabinet. My altar pentacle, a five-pointed star surrounded by a circle made of wood that I left forgotten here last time I casted a cleaning and protective spell for the parlour, several candles, a bronze bowl for water, some quartz crystal rocks, dry flowers... She knows what it means, her eyes travel from the cabinet to my face and energy swirls around her but her aura is greyish-yellow and, even if I'm not as good as Ivy at reading them, I recognize fear. What the...? Iselen gets up quietly and steps back, cautiously.

"I'm going to leave now," she whispers before swallowing hard, anxiously. "I won't bother you or your friends anymore... I never meant to stick my nose in your businesses.... I'm sorry, don't hurt me, please."

"Sorry, what?" I blink shocked with my mouth wide open. What is this woman talking about? Iselen moves cautiously, getting closer to the door to take her jacket and bag from the hanger while I look at her in disbelief, speechless. "I don't... Babe, witchcraft doesn't work like that, I don't hurt anyone with magic... Well, unless they're dangerous for us and I should protect my coven, but I'd never hurt you... Let me explain..." Damn, it's pretty obvious this girl is confused. Unfortunately, lot of people still link witches with demons and black magic in this world and every time they see a pentacle they have a nervous breakdown. They don't understand that it's a symbol that represents the elements of nature along with the human mind and spirit with the aim of achieving enlightenment and live in harmony with the Universe. "Iselen, honey, this isn't what you think..."