Eddie Brock| Discovering your Child's powers

Marienne Jade Brock Age: 1 year old 

Marienne Jade Brock
Age: 1 year old 

Superpowers: Hosting Symbiotes, Camouflage/Mood projection, Teleportation
•••••••••••••••

"Shhh Mar, it's okay don't cry!" Eddie said trying to hush the baby who had been crying for you from her playpen. You were about to go out with your girls for the afternoon and Marienne knew that whenever you would get dressed up, it meant you were leaving.

You walked down the hallway of your apartment only to hear the sounds of your husband Eddie trying to soothe Marienne and you sighed knowing you had to leave or things would be worse for Eddie.

"Alright babe, I'm about to head out." You called out shuffling through the hallway closet for your jacket.

"Okay babe!" He replies getting up to give you a kiss. You paused for a minute to quickly give Marienne a hug and a kiss.

"It's okay Mamas, I'll be back...you be good for daddy." You say to the girl as her cries got louder. Man was separation anxiety a bitch at this age.

"You sure you'll be okay with her?" You say heading out the door.

"She'll be fine babe, you deserve a night out. Go have fun!" Eddie says kissing your cheek. "...Not too much fun though..."

"Don't worry, I won't! I'll be back baby, call me if you need back up!" You say before leaving out the door for good this time.

Eddie sighed and quickly picked up Marienne rocking her back and forth in his arms.

"Mar, it's okay daddy's here!" He says to the girl hugging her tightly to his chest. "Mommy will come back, don't cry princess."

Eddie took Marienne to the kitchen for a snack and sat her down on the island table to look at her.

"I know what will make you feel better! Ready...Where's MJ!?" Eddie says covering his eyes, already earning a smile from the girl.

"There she is!" Eddie yells causing the girl to giggle.

"Where's MJ!?" Eddie says covering his face once more. Marienne giggled and put her own hands over her face to mimic Eddie, but little did Eddie realize, Marienne copying Eddie's actions would cause her to disappear in plain sight.

"There she...is..." Eddie said confused to see the baby wasn't on the counter where he left her.

"Mar!? Mar!?" Eddie yelled looking around the kitchen. He heard the sounds of Marienne giggling and followed the sounds to the pantry. When he opened up the pantry door he gasped seeing Marienne had been standing inside with her hands still covering her eyes.

"MJ, what are you doing in here!?" Eddie says to the girl causing her to jump. She covered her face up once again and Eddie watched before his eyes as the girl's skin took the color of the pantry walls, allowing her to blend right in similarly to how a Chameleon would blend in to its surroundings to protect itself.

"Oh my gosh..." Eddie gasped feeling the girl's skin. Sure enough her skin still felt baby smooth...it was just all a part of her power.

"Look at you having powers like Daddy...we may not have the same ones, but now it kind of makes me wonder..." Eddie says to himself.

"You don't have to be afraid Mar, Daddy's here..."Eddie said holding his arms out for the girl, lifting her onto his hip.

Marienne looked at Eddie and immediately began crying most likely scared and confused by what she had just done. The more she cried, the more her skin transformed from the color of the pantry to a somber light blue tone.

"Breathe MJ, Breathe..." Eddie coaxed the girl only to no avail. It seemed her breathing had nothing to do with her turning blue, because the more Marienne worked herself up, her skin would turn to a fiery red color, similar to a fully ripened tomato. It was almost as if her skin served a similar purpose to a mood ring when she experienced emotions. Her skin seemed to show everything she was feeling in the moment.

"Oh no...shhh, it's okay sweetheart! Look, you want a cookie?" Eddie says grabbing an Oreo out of a nearby jar.

"Look Mar, Will a cookie make you turn back to normal? The teleportation thing is pretty cool but The whole changing color thing is a little  scary..." he says showing Marienne the cookie.

Once Marienne realized the cookie was in front of her, she took it into her hand causing her skin to slowly turn to a shade of yellow indicating she was most likely calm before she turned a shade of pink.

After Marienne began happily eating the cookie her normal skin color was restored.

"Okay, I don't know where you got this type of power from, but just know your daddy is here for it!" Eddie cheered hugging the girl into his chest. He placed Marienne back down on the counter and smiled proudly at the girl.

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..." Marienne excitedly looked up at Eddie and bounced on her bottom, as she clapped her hands together.

"If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!" Eddie prompted, clapping his hands along with Marienne. Eddie noticed the happier Marienne got, her skin would turn to more of a pink/magenta color.

"If you're happy and you know it, and you really wanna show it, if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!" Eddie says watching as Marienne's skin continues to glow a soothing pink color as she excitedly claps her hands.

"Yay Mar! Daddy is so proud of you!" Eddie says clapping his hands along with Marienne.

By now Eddie could definitely tell that Marienne had absolutely no control over this newly found ability, nor did Eddie have any clue how to show her how to control it, but he was definitely going to figure out a way.

"You're mother is gonna die when she sees your new little super power..."

"Um-Um..." Marienne whined, opening and closing her little fists.

"What's wrong Mar?" Second later Marienne vanished into thin air only to reappear in the pantry where the cookies were.

"Oh I see...smart girl...No more cookies tho Mar, you have to eat dinner still." Eddie said to the girl, causing a sad pout to appear on her lips. Her skin began to turn the somber, light blue color that he saw the first time Marienne ever changed colors and Eddie instantly retrieved the girl in his arms.

"Shh, it's okay Princess don't cry, you can have more see!" Eddie said instantly giving in. He gave Marienne two more Oreos from the jar, and gave her a hug.

"Everything is gonna be okay...I love you my little Mood baby." Eddie says kissing Marienne on her cheek.