The battle of winter fell I

Jon's chambers a few hours prior to the conversation in the crypt

*****

"So what you're saying is I am and never was a bastard? And never the son of Ned stark rather his nephew?"

Bran nodded and Samwell looked uncomfortable with giving Jon this news before the Great War.

No one expected Bran's next words and definitely not The Tarly.

"You may be the true heir of the iron throne but you aren't the heir to bring this world into a new era Jon" Jon furrowed his brows in confusion but bran wasn't done "The heir and the Amazon queen are the queens that will bring about a revolution.. one that will be marked in the history books.." said bran quietly.

"Then why tell me this? Why tell me that I'm the heir to the iron throne only to tell me that I'm not fit for it?"

Bran looked detached , unemotional as he has looked since his arrival at winter fell. "You needed to know the truth. It's all. I had no other reason to hide it from you."

Jon and Sam looked visibly troubled Sam spoke "Jon's the best man I know.. he'd make a great king"

Bran didn't look moved instead he stared blankly at the wall "These are things I've seen if we win this battle — the war for the iron throne will come and if it happens the way I've seen it then the future is a bright one.. but if not.." he shook his head showing his fear "The future that awaits grim, much more grim than now."

—————————

Presently at the wall.

Daenerys stood beside Jon and Tyrion. The latter gripped the letter tightly in his hand as he watched the Amazon warriors ride out the gates and take up the vanguard.

"I don't see Alexandra" he heard from his queen , the letter almost felt like it was burning in his hand.

"She said she'd be—"

A loud roar echoed overhead , the creature flying through the air cast an impressive shadow over the ground — armored was Rhaegal — his riders' golden locks flowed freely— the tell tale golden/black lined cape fluttering as the wind caressed it. Tyrion watched as the Amazon queen flew directly over the incoming army — instead flying further .. until she was out of sight..

Jon's eyes widened and looked at Daenerys "is she fleeing?" Tyrion could almost slap the Northman for suggesting something so cowardly.

Daenerys opened her mouth to defend her wife to be instead Tyrion spoke up.

"Your grace.. Queen Alexandra asked me to pass this along" he said holding out the letter. Danny stared at him for a long while before snatching the letter— a sense of foreboding pulsed through her veins when she  noticed Alex's perfect handwriting.

"For my love" was scrawled across the letter in elegant script.

"Danny if you're reading this then it Tyrion kept his word if you're not then fuck you tyrion.

Regardless .. the reason I'm sitting down and penning this letter is because I will ask you to not do anything impulsive. I've taken Rhaegal and gone to fight the night king.. his army will only last as long as he does.

No , you cannot follow. Drogon will be necessary in thinning their numbers and dealing with their lieutenants. So I beg of you Daenerys don't try and find me.. if by chance the night king fights me back to the battle lines do not interfere..

Continue doing what you should.

I hope you aren't too angry that I did this without telling you. If anything else Rhaegal will return and I'll put Viserion's  soul to rest if anything should happen to me.. my armies are yours to command.