Tradition of old.

The night passed without much concern, missandei lead her to her new quarters. Much bigger than the previous one, well anything was bigger than that broom closet the cranky queen put her in.

She barely slept that evening, each time she closed her eyes she could see her slipping her fathers prized scalpel into her attackers neck. It was awful, she hated it, she hated that she was such a sensitive soul, and most of all she hated that was she was forced to use her fathers favorite scalpel to end a life.

A sigh escaped her lips, if she wasn't able to sleep then she'd try and leave maybe catch the evening breeze or watch the sun rise. Pulling on a loose pants and shirt she exited her room, and walked down the hallways. She realized she was eerily close to the queens chambers. A slow smile crossed her lips:

She wondered where she could go and annoy the queen, but in the end she decided not too. She found her feet walking in the way of the dragon pit, she ignored the guards who watched her with a pensive eye as she neared the dragon pit.

Grey worm aka Dickless stood in her way "you cannot go further"

She blinked at the man side stepping him, " you may report me to the queen Dickless" she muttered knocking his shoulder "I've had a rough night, I really don't want to deal with your broken English now" she muttered in disdain. She had nothing against the guy but he often stared at her like she was about to slit Daenerys throat. These people needed to learn to trust but Jesus they lacked it.

When she reached the gates , a genuine smile curled up on her lips. She entered quietly.

Her footsteps though was enough to wake the slumbering dragons. Their chains rattled the only other indication besides their bright yellow reptilian eyes glowing in the darkness "Hmm I know it's pretty late, I'm sorry.." she apologized sincerely. She moved closer to Rhaegal. "Do you mind ?" The dragon did nothing but watched her curiously. She moved closer to Rhaegal , beside his heavy head and curled herself up by his leg "you're more comfortable than you look" she chuckled.

She breathed a sigh of relief, that same feeling of ease and comfort washed over her— the connection to Rhaegal was stronger than the one she felt with Viserion. It didn't look like Viserion minded though.

Soon she found herself flittering through Rhaegals memories, it distracted her from her own tumultuous emotions and thoughts of being a murderer.

She closed her eyes sighing softly "thank you Rhaegal, you're amazing buddy" she murmured and surrendered herself to sleep.

———————————————-

That's how Daenerys found her healer, she was floored the dragons even seemed calmer in the woman's presence. She wondered whether there was some Targaryen blood flowing through Alexandra's veins because she had quite the way with her dragons.

She tried to be quite as possible but Viserions eyes opened and stared at her for a long while before shutting it again.

She was terrified that they may react like they did before, roaring and blasting her with flames. But neither Rhaegal or Viserion did anything to that degree. The small human body tucked between Rhaegals chest and arm made her feel envious. She missed the connection she had with her children. Now someone else could get so close.. it hurt, it hurt much more than she was willing to admit.

Alexandra's words played in her head again 'apologize and set them free' she wished she could just follow the advice but with the sons of harpy still on the loose and her peoples faith in her weakening she needed all the control she could get.

She turned to leave . She found the same unsullied that accompanied Alexandra the day before waiting outside the pits.

"When she wakes, make sure she gets breakfast" she said quietly. The man nodded