Chapter 114

33. On the day Yang Ruqin returned to the capital, he heard the rumor that Xiao Ding was critically ill.
  The source of the news is not very formal, but word of mouth in the streets. It is said that today I have not appeared in front of his subjects for many consecutive days, and even the morning dynasty, which was once every five days, has been canceled several times. The imperial physicians of the Imperial Hospital are on duty in the palace like a war of wheels. They coincidentally dealt with Xiao Ding. The condition showed a secretive attitude. The addition of many ambiguous clues quickly detonated people's rich imaginations.
  The officials in the political affairs hall felt worried about this.
  They really haven't seen Xiao Ding for a long time, and the number of memorials sent to the palace that can be approved is declining day by day. Although it was a five-day dynasty before, the emperor and Zhengshitang communicated very frequently, so as to ensure the normal operation of the government. Now that the emperor has not shown his face for such a long time, it means that the situation is indeed as the outside world guessed, and it is likely that Xiao Ding's condition has begun to worsen.
  People are willing to spread rumors for unspeakable reasons, but at the same time, they will ignore rumors because of their easily exaggerated nature. But in fact, rumors are often closer to the truth than people think.
  Finally one day, the chief executives gathered in front of the inner court and collectively asked to see Long live.

  The imperial court, since ancient times, the emperor's palace complex has always been the former court and the backcourt.
  In the front is the foreign dynasty dealing with government affairs, and in the back is the inner court where the emperor's concubines lived. In the meantime, the gate building was heavily guarded, and all entrances and exits had to be signed, and the ministers were not allowed to declare that they could not enter.
  So even if it is only separated by a wall, the masters may not just want to see the holy face. ——Previously, Chen Zeming was able to move in and out freely when he was the king of Wei. This was because Xiao Jin loved him unparalleled at the time, and secondly because the generals of the Su Guards were all under him. In many cases, they actually used power for personal gain. Suspect.
  At this moment, the rumors of the emperor's serious illness forced the officials to pay attention to the current situation that may have become more and more complicated. As the senior officials involved, they have the right to know the truth in order to make appropriate responses. However, such a legitimate request was quickly rejected.
  A fierce quarrel broke out between the rulers and the people who came to pass the message.
  The person facing them was named Wang Xiangyong, who was the new eunuch after Cao Chenyu. Previously, Xiao Ding removed Cao Chenyu, who had just taken office because he was aware of the private collusion between Cao Chenyu and Chen Zeming, and chose a straightforward and loyal person to take over. So at this moment, the reason why the eunuchs categorically rejected the executors was also quite unselfish, and indeed did not contain any personal affair—how the emperor's body was a matter of the palace, it was a family affair of the emperor, and he did not want to control the executors. Obviously, the eunuchs I feel that the actions of the masters violated the scope of the duties of others.
  According to the usual statement, this statement can be considered reasonable and well-founded, but when Xiao Ding may be seriously ill, it would be a little unreasonable stubbornness.
  There was a grumpy response among the clerks, and they cursed the royal chamber with bloody heads-now the emperor is seriously ill, and family affairs are national affairs. What changes really need to happen, you can afford to be a little superintendent?
  It makes sense for the royal chamber to think about it, but the matter is so big that he can only go back to the palace and ask the queen empress for instructions.

  Queen Zhou, with a gentle temperament, has never heard about the affairs of the country for the next ten years. When Xiao Ding was imprisoned, Zhou's family was sent to the temple to lead spiritual practice, and this inherent low-key obedience saved his life. After the restoration of Xiao Ding, he took her and the surviving concubines back to the palace, and gave them a gourd to Xiao Jin's concubine, and all of them were sent to the temple to honor the Buddha with blue lanterns, which can be regarded as his courtesy exchanges to Xiao Jin.
  The Queen Zhou heard the king's use of this statement, repeatedly deliberated in her heart, and finally ordered King Jing to enter the palace as a prince to attend the palace, which is regarded as an explanation to the Zaizhi and Baiguan.
  And this long-overdue decision finally revealed a message that shocked everyone, that is-Xiao Ding's condition has developed unexpectedly quickly, and it is likely that he is already in danger of life.
  It is said that the prince enters the palace as a caregiver, but in fact, the respect of the prince does not need to personally serve or boil medicine. Why is it necessary for him to stay here? When the emperor is awake occasionally, he can immediately explain what he has to say. In other words, it is convenient to explain the funeral.

  Yang Ruqin was horrified when he learned everything.
  Legend has it that Xiao Ding got sick because he read the memorials he handed over. One was the peace talks and the other was Chen Zeming's death. People said they had noses and eyes, and they all saw them with their own eyes. Xiao Ding said that after reading these two copies It's normal that people are going to die soon. It's normal. After all, the peace talks succeeded. Suddenly, I realized that the most important side was going to die. If it doesn't matter, the peace talks that I have worked so hard to do will be broken up again. Who can't be in a hurry? Such a king who is concerned about the affairs of the country is very rare, but it's a pity that his body is not good enough, and people are embarrassed when they talk about it. Although most of them don't know the truth, there are still many people who hope that Xiao Ding can recover quickly.
  Of course, Yang Ruqin didn't need to listen to these nonsense analyses. He only felt confused. He clearly sent the two memorials to Beijing separately. Why did Xiao Ding still see them at the same time?
  He didn't know that Xiao Ding had been unable to handle court affairs normally because of his physical relationship. The memorials for several days were not reviewed in time but piled up on his desk. As long as someone accidentally knocked it down, the order would be disrupted. So even though he took pains to stagger the two news, it was a coincidence that these memorials were finally put together and Xiao Ding saw them one after another. It can be seen that people are not as good as heaven.

  At this point, Yang Ruqin didn't care about taking a break, and immediately went to the palace to beg to see him, but he didn't see Xiao Ding, but Jing Wang heard the news and greeted him.
  To be asked about the condition, it turned out that Xiao Ding was overwhelmed by poison gas caused by a momentary excitement. The poison that the imperial physicians had been using drugs to control at this moment can no longer be suppressed, and can only watch the long live coma after another day, and the entire hospital is completely helpless.
  Everyone knows the poison on Xiao Ding, but he has never heard of the origin. He respects the king and hates Dao, and I don't know who is so bold and dare to harm the blood of the emperor.
  When Yang Ruqin learned that Xiao Ding was still in a coma, he was disappointed and had to return to the mansion. Back home, the family presented a letter saying that someone had sent it just now for the adults to personally express it.
  There was no word on the envelope, and it was extremely thin when pinched. Yang Ruqin opened it and saw that there was only a piece of letterhead in it, with a line of words written all alone, and the font was very familiar. He almost jumped up in horror, settled, and hurriedly called the person who received the letter to come in for inquiries, and the person who sent the letter responded, saying that the person sending the letter claimed to be the steward of the Chen Mansion.
  Yang Ruqin's heart slammed, and he was wise for the rest of his life, but he couldn't figure out why Chen Zeming's handwriting appeared on the letter in front of him. Is Chen Zeming not dead? ? It's impossible. He has clearly seen Chen Zeming's coffin and worshipped before his spirit. Is it possible that the sky will be haunted by the sky?
  Yang Ruqin thought for a while but was not afraid. He called for a sedan chair and went straight to Chen Mansion.

  At this moment, Xiao Ding was lying on the bed dimly. He seemed to have been unconscious, but in fact, he was still conscious in many cases. Sometimes he heard the king whispering to him, and sometimes the imperial doctor held his wrist to pulse, he knew that he just couldn't tell. The tiredness and chill made him feel that his whole body was not enough.
  When the cold poison broke out, he was still shaking when he was covered with three quilts, his bones were frozen like ice, and his body hurt. At this time, he would often see a person standing in front of his bed, looking down at him...
  Xiao Ding was almost angry, you succeeded, and you are happy. Is this as you wished?
  The man was silent in his armor with a long sword hanging from his waist.
  Xiao Ding gritted his teeth even more. People thought he was suffering like this, but in fact, he was hateful.
  Sometimes there are too many people in the room, and the figure retreats to the corner of the room. He never comes to him when there are people. Xiao Ding accidentally opened his eyes and heard everyone wake up in surprise, so he ignored him. He just swept behind the crowd, trying to catch that person wholeheartedly, but he couldn't find it.
  In the dream, he couldn't see his face clearly. Xiao Ding stretched out his hand to grab his hand, always making nothing.
  Xiao Ding hated lingeringly. At that time, this person was the same. It seemed that he had responded to his kiss, but in fact, his heart was empty, and he didn't know where it was. What qualifications do you have for this? Xiao Ding is really upset. He is very frankly upset when he is ill. If I wake up, it will force you to get nowhere... How dare you poison me like this and still not speak, he thought so, And then fell asleep again.

The author has something to say:
In fact, I finished writing on Friday, but I always felt dissatisfied and didn't post it
to apologize. Next time I will add another chapter to keep everyone waiting for ~~