Chapter 90

9. The Chen Mansion has not been crowded for many years, and it has always been quiet after nightfall.
  The lights outside the courtyard are dim, but the courtyard is vaguely depressed with a lot of sparsely populated areas. The occasional infamous noise also came from the house where the people lived.

  Chen Zeming did not make a sound for a long while under the wooden standing lamp.
  When he raised his hand, his sleeves flicked, and in his rush, he dragged the ancient inkstone on the table to the ground. The jade smashing sound suddenly in the thick silence seemed to be a sharp sword piercing the air, and it stabbed him violently.
  Chen Zeming turned his head back in shock, staring at the heirloom that had fallen in half on the blue brick floor and the ink spreading all over the floor, unable to respond.
  The pitch-black ink snaked on the square brick-like snake, and gradually flowed to his feet. The shoes on his feet were slowly stained and finally unclean.
  Chen Zeming was a little more awake now and looked around. The huge shadow of the lamp on the wall flickered and danced together with the sound of the wind outside, just like ghosts and sprites, ready to come out.
  Chen Zeming was stunned for a moment, and then put the letterhead under the lamp in a daze.
  This time, I couldn't see clearly the words on the note. This situation is like being in a dream.
  Chen Zeming tried to open his eyes but to no avail. It wasn't until I accidentally stretched out my hand to wipe it that I realized that the sweat from my forehead was flowing into my eyes, blocking the line of sight. He wiped off the sweat, settled, and scanned the letter again.
  Every time I read a sentence, my face loses a mark, and I see that my face is as white as a paper at the end.
  He didn't give up, and watched it from the beginning again, for fear that he would be inferior, so repeatedly.

  The letter was written with the name-Ping Tao, and everyone knew that Prime Minister Du's word was Shang Ping Xia Tao. The letter was written to King Youxian of the Xiongnu. In the letter, Mr. Du Jindan Du called King Youxian of the Xiongnu as his brother.
  Chen Zeming only thought it was funny, Du Jintan was more than ten years older than Lu Yan, and he was willing to be his brother.
  However, he couldn't laugh. At this moment, he felt as if he was in an ice cave, all over his body was cold, but there was a soldering iron slowly scorching down his throat. Hot and cold, intertwined and tormented, almost burning and piercing his internal organs.
  Du Jintan's tone of reverence brought some familiarity, and it seemed that he had been in a long relationship. At the end of the letter, he asked the other party to force Xiao Jin's surrender as soon as possible in order to make a big plan.
  What's the plan?

  Chen Zeming was slightly confused. This letter was probably written a while ago, and I don't know who robbed it halfway. He even wanted to know that Du Xiang should panic when he learned that such a secret letter had been robbed.
  He also thought that such letters of unknown origin might be forged, and they were intended to be used by ill-intentioned people to separate the generals.
  The idea was reasonable, so he was excited for a moment.
  However, the familiar handwriting in the letter made him unable to deceive himself after all.
  Du Xiang was born in the imperial examination and is written in neat and beautiful lowercase. Xiao Ding also boasted the word back then, saying that it is true with futility, small and big sees big, and he has become a great man. Everyone speaks as he does, and this letter is complete counter-evidence.
  The letter also informed some of the court affairs, and even only a few words brought out that the reason why Chen Zeming was left out by Xiao Jin was related to love. These outsiders did not know it, only a few important ministers and close servants knew about it.
  If it is said that handwriting can be copied, how can these imperial prohibitions be fabricated?

  Chen Zeming stepped back and fell into a chair.
  He remembered the awe-inspiring appearance when Du Jintan took out the imperial decree from the secret room. Suddenly, he realized afterward, how could a courtier who wanted to seek rebellion have such a straightforward face.
  In the beginning, Xiao Ding was very alert to him, so he only met Du Jintan privately once or twice. It was in such a short time that he made up his mind to oppose this tyrant.
  It cannot be said that there is no selfishness there.
  It is precisely because of this selfishness that he cannot serve outsiders, since the day he made a deal with Du Jintan, he has never had it easy-he was afraid that he would be wrong.
  Therefore, he worked hard and assisted Xiao Jin, hoping to enjoy the peace of the country and the people, hoping to gather the power of the emperor and his ministers to do more than Xiao Ding who was dismissed by himself.
  Only in this way can he feel at ease.

  In the end, Xiao Jin rushed out after seizing power, and his arrogance led to defeat and capture. After the news came, he was puzzled. Behind the worries, the wrong or right thoughts are like woven intertwining, which cannot be dissipated.
  When the courtiers were filled with indignation over the matter of reconciliation, he was unable to speak out because of his guilty conscience.
  At this moment of anxiety, such a letter appeared.
  It told him that he was not only wrong but completely wrong from start to finish. Mistakes are self-inflicted, and the cost is terrible.
  He was shocked and horrified. Is it my fault?
  Because he was blinded by hatred, that led to the situation today? Is it all my own fault for the exhausted bones?
  Does all of this originate from one's own desires?
  His back was covered with cold sweat, and he sat stiffly unable to move. All the dark shadows in his breath turned into pressure and came towards him.

  Suddenly there was a knock on the door outside the house, and someone said, "Lord?!"
  Chen Zeming was shocked, and the nightmare-like feeling suddenly faded away. It retreated to the shadow of the lamp, leaned in all the shadows, waiting silently, peeping at him from time to time.
  He heard the voice of Uncle Gu, the housekeeper, but did not answer.
  Uncle Gu was a little anxious and raised his voice, "...
  Master Du sent someone to invite the prince to enter the palace immediately to discuss important matters, prince, you...will you go?" Chen Zeming turned his head, and the candlelight shone on his face. His expression seems to be that the whole person is gradually waking up from his dream, a little dazed and a little dazed.
  Uncle Gu patted the door, "
  Master ... Master ?" Chen Zeming slowly stood up, his expression suddenly becoming solemn and alert.

  At the end of the day, the imperial physician arrived.
  A proclaimer sent by Du Xiang also came along. The imperial physician carefully cut off his pulse before Wei Wang's couch, who had a headache again and couldn't tell why. This is an old disease that has been around for a long time and can only be recuperated.
  Wang Wei was lying on the bed with an unusually pale face compared to ordinary people, which made his originally handsome face look a little lacking in life. His voice also showed a sense of weakness, which was very different from the usual dignity and majesty.
  Uncle Gu said, "My prince's disease has been treated for a long time, why is it always not getting better?" The old family raised his sleeves, some of them wanted to wipe their tears, his eye circles were red.
  The imperial doctor casually comforted a few words and wrote a prescription, which was nothing more than medicinal materials such as soothing the nerves.
  Seeing that King Wei was really sick, the proclaimer had to say: "Will King Wei go to court tomorrow? Now that the court is unstable and there are many major events, Mr. Du is anxious." The
  emperor was about to answer, and Chen Zeming propped up his upper body. Said: "This is an old problem. After a night of pain, it will be fine. Please tell Master Du, I will definitely rush tomorrow morning." The
  proclaimer was overjoyed, thanking him and leaving.

  When everyone retreated, Uncle Gu didn't leave. He stood in the room and hesitated for a while. Chen Zeming looked at him with a weird look and asked what was going on. When Gu Bodao's former imperial doctor arrived, he looked outside the house and felt a little weird. It seemed that many people were still walking outside the house late at night.
  "It's late, there are not so many people on weekdays. There are no lights or anything..." the old man murmured.
  Chen Zeming smiled, "It might be a passerby."
  Uncle Gu retired after hearing this from the master.
  Chen Zeming lowered his head and thought for a moment, got up, and touched the servant's clothes outside the servant's room. When there was no one, I walked around to the backyard, opened the small door, pushed out a crack in the door, and glanced out. Sure enough, there were gleaming figures in the streets and alleys not far away.
  Chen Zeming looked at it for a moment, and his heart became even deeper.
  He lowered his head to think about it, closed the door quietly, looked up at the eaves, and suddenly jumped up. At that moment, his hand was hooked to the edge of the eaves, his five fingers were strong, and his body moved up, sliding silently into the shadows like a fish...

  By the way, Xiao Panyun has been the head of the country for more than two years.
  When Xiao Jin was still King Rong, his daughter was Princess Rong.
  Now that Princess Rong has been a queen for such a long time, Xiao Panyun, the head of the country, still counts nothing in the eyes of all the powers in the capital.
  Xiao Guozhang was extremely annoyed, but he couldn't help it. There are high-ranking officials and prominent families in Beijing, who want to be admired and respected. Either you have a noble background, or you are amazingly talented. In short, there are no two brushes.
  Xiao Panyun was born in a merchant. His father was in the prime of life and was in business. He had a history of four years and finally made his fortune by doing a timber business. Most people who have money will want to exchange power with money, so when Xiao Panyun became an adult, his father donated fame to him and only then did someone from the Xiao family enter the official career.
  Xiao Panyun had been mixed for the first half of his life. Since by chance, he married his daughter in Prince Rong's Mansion. It was truly a step up to the sky, and he enjoyed the taste of being a relative of a high-ranking official.
  Before Xiao Jin went out, he was worried about the power struggle in Beijing, and he was named the commander of the palace, and all the troops in Beijing could be managed by his Yue Zhang so that he could send troops with peace of mind.
  But Xiao Jin did not expect that the generals in the army are different from the court officials. Most of the people's fame is obtained by killing the enemy with their lives. In other words, the three officials of the palace, the Ma Junsi, and the infantry division are the three officials. The place where strength is the most talked-about from top to bottom. To control such a group of people, it is really difficult to convince the public only by the paperwork.
  As the head of the state, Xiao Panyun has long been self-evident about the crony.
  So after Xiao Dianshuai took office, although there was no lack of flattering subordinates beside him, the seemingly respectful but disapproving attitude of most generals deeply stabbed Xiao Guozhang, who was used to being a high-ranking official and being flattered.
  Just as Xiao Guozhang was in front of the palace and was full of uncomfortable heart scars, Du Xiang extended a helping hand to him. Du Jintan called in three generals-all of whom had been in front of the palace-to assist him in military affairs.
  Xiao Panyun was also a martial artist when he was young, and he also donated martial arts. But when he became Xiao Jin's father-in-law, he had a great sense of retreat, and he has never joined the army since then. Before these three people came, he faced the generals' disobedience, and he only felt scorched. When the three of them arrived, he was greatly relieved. From then on, he started as a shopkeeper, calling friends and calling friends to drink tricks every day, occasionally. I just went to the barracks to sit for a while, and it was considered to be on the scene.
  Such days are unspeakable, so Xiao Panyun has a great affection for Du Jintan, and feels that having such a capable person in the DPRK is really a blessing to the country and the land.
  However, by tonight, Xiao Panyun can no longer enjoy such a simple and happy life.
  He suddenly understood the truth after Du Jintan sent someone to assist him in this action, and was sweating coldly and panicked.

The author has something to say:
tx, I am back~~~