Chapter 102

21. When I entered the palace, the lights were bright everywhere. It turned out that Xiao Ding was also clumsy and never fell asleep.
  Seeing Chen Zeming's arrival, Xiao Ding asked people to come and sit down. Chen Zeming was shocked and quickly declined.

  This sitting in front of the king is not something that everyone can enjoy. Only the prime minister of the political affairs hall can sit down.
  Xiao Dingdao, I have already made a decree to appoint you as the deputy envoy of the privy, so I can deal with Duan Qi's uprising and the army's mind. Tomorrow this decree will be issued together with the seal. You are naturally able to sit down.
  Chen Zeming hurriedly thanked him for his gratitude, and then he took his seat.
  The two-faced each other. Under the light, Xiao Ding's brows were faintly sad. He was obviously anxious, but he was very considerate in his words. Most of the mentions were about the concern for Chen Zeming and the soldiers, without the slightest intention of reproach.
  Chen Zeming's heart is full of flavors, and he is a little fascinated. Hearing Xiao Ding mentioned the old things of the year, he said that Chen Zeming's late father, Chen Wei, was a member of the court. As an official under Emperor Xian, Chen Mansion can be described as a loyal loyalist for three generations.
  Originally, Chen Zeming lowered his head and just acted respectfully, and couldn't help but raise his eyes to look at Xiao Ding when he heard this.
  Xiao Ding had been paying attention to his expression and was staring at him closely.
  So neither of them could avoid it at this glance.
  When their eyes crossed, both of them were secretly startled. After staring at each other for a moment, Chen Zeming lowered his eyes first and said: "The minister has gone astray, and his words and deeds are really shamed for the family. How dare to call this word of loyalty..." He left his seat and knelt down.
  Xiao Ding got up, held his right arm with his hand, and helped him up. After looking at his face for a moment, he solemnly said: "Aiqing is loyal to the country at this moment." When he said this, his expression and tone were very sincere, and he couldn't tolerate the slightest suspicion.
  Chen Zeming looked at him quietly, knowing that he was probably acting as a fake, but he was also a little moved.

  After the conversation, Chen Zeming told him to withdraw from the hall, and the attendant led him to the north row of the Longzongmen. It was the guard room for the guards and the rotating ministers. Chen Zeming had served as the guard in the palace for many years, and he was really familiar with the scenery here. It's familiar.
  The attendant chose an unmanned house and sent Chen Zeming into the room. After going out, it suddenly went dark, and then I looked back and saw that the lights in the room had gone out, and then left with peace of mind.
  The place is near the gate of the palace, and the lights upstairs at the gate are not extinguished even late at night, so although the room is dark, the furnishings can still be seen vaguely. If the attendant is troublesome, before leaving to take a look inside, you will see that the bedding on the bed has not moved at all, and at the table, Chen Zeming is sitting there in a trance.
  Xiao Ding called him here just to win over, and there was nothing urgent.
  This shows the chaos in Xiao Ding's mind. The situation is so serious that no one has ever experienced it. Lack of food will trigger a riot. From the people to the top, the problems are peeling off one by one. Xiao Ding is afraid that he has begun to be unable to suppress the situation, so he will be called into the palace late at night. Sometimes people need a companion to not feel that pressure is so difficult to sustain.
  Chen Zeming even thought that Xiao Ding at this moment seemed to be composed, but in fact, he should be a little messy. If he asked what happened during the meeting just now, Xiao Ding might even immediately show a low posture of regret. Three generations of Zhongliang? Chen Zeming almost laughed, and Xiao Ding had to overcome how much psychological pressure to keep his face and praise him like that. But Xiao Ding was so down at the critical moment that others could not bear it and he could endure it. This is where Chen Zeming admires him most.
  In the end, Chen Zeming didn't say anything. He let the play go on in a peaceful and happy manner as it was written in the script.
  Those past events are not important anymore, what is important is some moment in the future. He endured and waited, keeping a low profile, hoping that one day he would get what he wanted. In his opinion at this moment, only the secret wish is important, nothing else.
  What's more, he also had the feeling of Xiao Ding's burnt head. They were carrying a heavy burden, sitting on the same leaky boat, and helping each other in the same boat is the solution. Secretly stumbling will only kill itself.
  But he could still see Xiao Ding's defenses. He was vigilant, not allowing his true meaning to be revealed, and he was somewhat pitying. During the conversation between the two, he saw Xiao Ding coughing several times. He had only had time to make the second three times at the beginning, but the medicine had a very cold temperament, and it was still effective in the end.
  The strange thing is that Xiao Ding didn't mention a word, and Chen Zeming was very moved. He could actually not mention a word.

  Sitting still in this way, until I wake up, I don't know when there is a little light on the window lattice. Shi Jintian should open the palace gate.
  When Chen Zeming walked to the gate of the palace, he saw the leader of the senior general coming over. The two were just old acquaintances. The general exchanged a few words with him and asked someone to take his horse.
  Chen Zeming took the rein and immediately stopped getting on the horse. After bidding farewell, he walked on foot and led the horse out of the palace gate.
  Amid the sound of his footsteps and the rubbing of clothes, the rhythm of the reverberation of horseshoes seemed abrupt and surprising. After walking for a while, Chen Zeming turned around. The morning mist in autumn is thin and cold, and the palace gate is faintly visible in the distance, vows like the mouth of a python beast.
  In the hazy sky, only the tall and majestic palace watched him silently.
  He watched for a long time, and finally got on his horse and galloped away.

  This is an elegant small courtyard with white walls and black tiles, and all the green bamboo branches protruding from the top of the wall are like ink paintings.
  Chen Zeming stood in front of the door and knocked on the cymbals.
  The sound of metal percussion echoed quietly in the alley, and no one came out to see it. I don't know if the people on the street left their homes, or the scene was taken for granted.
  After a long time, the door opened with a "squeak--", and there was a handsome boy standing on the threshold, yawning and wiping eyes listlessly, lazy and cute, almost able to enter the picture.
  Chen Zeming said: "This little brother, is Mr. Wang in your family still in Kyoto?" His voice was soft and low as if he was afraid of breaking this leisurely tranquility.
  The boy dropped his hands, looked up for a moment, and then suddenly realized, "Are you... General Chen?"

  Qing Qing hadn't seen Chen Zeming for many days.
  As a pregnant woman pregnant with Liujia, she really hopes that someone can come and ask her to warm her up occasionally, but her husband is at war and she can only wait at home.
  Although the Chen family is known as a general, the information on this aspect is not well informed. It is mainly relying on Uncle Gu to deliver medicines daily to bring back some information from the army.
  So after delivering the medicine every day, Qingqing always called Uncle Gu to ask for a long time.
  However, what Gu Bo said was always very limited—he had very few chances to see Chen Zeming. He only knew that he was fighting every day and people were getting hurt, and Chen Zeming was always busy.
  Qingqing was very depressed.
  Uncle Gu's answers were the same. She could almost memorize it. However, she still insisted on asking Uncle Gu in person every day. Even if only the same few words came out of Uncle Gu's mouth, she knew that Chen Zeming was still safe, and she did. Can be more at ease.
  The days are waiting to pass day by day.
  Gradually, in the deep courtyard, she also knew that the situation was not good. Uncle Gu kept complaining and let the whole family know about the rumors of soaring rice prices. Grain and oil are getting more and more expensive. Fortunately, there is still a surplus in the family, and I can support it for a few days, but a few days later. The whole city began to fall into a panic. Uncle Gu repeatedly instructs people to lock the door carefully every day, lest someone use it to make trouble.
  These are all taken care of by the old butler, and Qingqing doesn't need to intervene, and Qingqing doesn't want to take care of it either. At this moment, she was most worried about Chen Zeming. How uncomfortable Chen Zeming was about the situation in the city. How difficult is the task of this acropolis at this time?

  She didn't expect that when the door was opened this morning, the first thing she saw when she raised her head was the person who made her worry so much that she couldn't sleep.
  Standing outside the house, Chen Zeming raised his hand as if he was about to knock on the door, and he was a little surprised to see her coming out. His gaze fell, and Qingqing's abdomen bulge was more obvious than before.
  Chen Zeming looked for a moment, then looked up at Qingqing, and smiled slightly.
  Qingqing was dumbfounded and looked at her tired husband whose armor had not been removed. He couldn't say a word for a long time.
  Seeing that tears were about to slide in Qingqing's eyes, Chen Zeming stretched out his hand and held her into his arms.
  Qingqing leaned her head on the opponent's shoulder, watching with tears dimly at Uncle Gu, who had been standing not far away, suddenly cramped up, and then tiptoed away.

  It has been a while since Chen Zeming went home, and after discussing family affairs with Uncle Gu, he went around to see Qingqing in the backyard.
  After entering the house, Chen Zeming exhorted her a few more words, nothing more than to be careful of your body. Qingqing carefully looked at him back and forth carefully, Chen Zeming smiled and said, haven't you seen her husband in military uniform?
  Qingqing's heartbeat didn't answer.
  The two chatted and laughed, and Chen Zeming took out a letter from his arms and asked her to keep it carefully.
  Qingqing took it. There was only one line of the address on the pad, and the handwriting was very familiar. It was written by Chen Zeming himself.
  Qingqing wondered in her heart.
  Chen Zeming narrowed his smile and said, "This is the important thing in the Chen family's line to protect your life, and you should keep it. If I die in battle in the future, you will find an opportunity to present this thing to Master Yang or Master Wei and find another opportunity. Leaving the capital, the Chen family is now my only son, and I can't stop my blood from being broken."
  After hearing these words, Qing Qing stared at him in a daze, and couldn't help panicking anxiously.
  Chen Zeming sighed slightly, clasped her hands together, and said, "Just in case."
  Qingqing was squeezed by him for a long time before her cold fingers warmed up. Seeing his smile on his face, she felt pain in her heart and couldn't bear to ask more. Can suppress the anxiety in his heart and hide the paper in the bottom of his jewelry box.

The author has something to say:
Thank you for your reply. Although this chapter is a little bit
shorter, it has advanced the plot. Don't worry about it ^^ I have tried my best to make a long story short. When filling the pit, there will be no time or is it the other way round, whenever there is no time, people want to fill the pit... After thinking
about it, I added a paragraph