Chapter 29

Get up and turn your head, the fire is gradually rising behind the palace wall

Get up and turn your head, the fire is gradually rising behind the palace wall. At this time, the fire is already strong and it is impossible to put it out.
  He couldn't save any of the people there.
  Chen Zeming lowered his gaze, his heart was full of powerlessness, his brain was messy, and he was at a loss as to what to do.
  He was taught by his father since he was a child, and he takes loyalty and filial piety very seriously.
  Take the father as the heaven and the prince as the heaven. Pepsi in life, filial piety takes the lead. The words and words in the book are still vividly remembered. They have been read a hundred times since he was a child, and he can recite them casually. His father said these are all sages and sages who should be regarded as the creed of life.
  However, what I saw and did tonight has completely subverted all of this.
  He had learned from Yang Liang the reason for the tension between the emperor and the queen mother, and he had seen the dark tide between them. He also knew that the emperor was a naturally cruel temperament, but he still never thought that the emperor would use such extreme methods. To resolve this relationship.
  As soldiers approached the city, the emperor turned the situation around with resourcefulness. He proved his ability and even proved that no one can match his methods. He is a born king.
  Now that the winner is in hand, such cruel methods can only be called venting anger.
  Alienation, imprisonment, or criminal conviction after the fact, everything is fine. Why is the bedroom on fire?
  A fire will burn all your loved ones into coke?
  Including those stupid princes, but they are his uncles and brothers, including the ruthless woman, but she is the one who raised him and has always been called his mother?
  This way is beyond his understanding.

  Intellectually, he could understand that the emperor was cutting the grass to eradicate the troubles, but emotionally, he could not accept such a complete turn of the face and rebelliousness.
  Such a king made him feel terrified and unable to communicate. They are like people in two worlds, isolated from each other and having no intersection at all. He thought of Yang Liang at the beginning and what Yang Liang had experienced is almost exactly the same as what he is facing now. Now he has thoroughly understood Yang Liang's thoughts, and that person has clarified his position in such a chic posture that is difficult for others to do because he is gradually alienating the emperor above ten thousand people.
  What should I do?
  Stick to your convictions or just let the flow go, sit on the sidelines or add to the flames?
  He further felt his own weakness, and when his faith conflicted with reality, he could only do nothing. With his current experience and wisdom, he still couldn't see through all of this.

  Gradually, the flames soared into the sky, like daylight, only the hair and beards were visible.
  He lowered his head, avoiding looking at the light.
  After standing like this for a while, he suddenly turned his head when he heard someone quietly walking in behind him. The woman who had just come out of the rockery almost jumped up in horror when she saw that there were people there.
  Chen Zeming frowned and looked at the palace lady, feeling a little familiar, and recognized for a moment, and said: "Why are you?" It
  was Yinyin's personal maid, Xiao Hong, who was still dangling in the palace late at night for some reason.
  Seeing that it was him, Xiao Hong reluctantly calmed down, raised her eyes to look at the place of fire, and stammered: "Yes...it was the mother who asked me to come out to see,...what is it noisy!"
  Chen Zeming heard that it was cute, and felt even more in his heart. In the chaos, my face suddenly burned, but fortunately, it was the backlight, Xiao Hong, or could not see it.
  After he recovered from his illness, he didn't think of this aunt's cousin for a long time. When his parents mentioned it by chance, he would immediately switch to the subject. Suddenly, the sweetness that had existed between them, the memories he always remembered, turned out to be a kind of painful torture. Whenever he thinks of the past, he will also remember what she might have seen that night. But he couldn't help but remember what he was doing in front of her at the time.
  This kind of speculation is almost breaking him.

  Seeing him in a daze, Xiao Hong said cautiously: "Then, the slave and maid will withdraw first..."
  Only then did Chen Zeming come back to his senses, sigh in relief, and say: "Go back...you are a girl, and it is not safe late at night. Fire in the palace is also common, so you mothers..." He coughed and tried to get rid of it. Uncomfortable, "Tell your mothers not to worry too much."
  Xiao Hong quickly retreated.
  After such a tossing, Chen Zeming estimated that the fire was almost over before returning to the fire scene.
  Sure enough, the palace had burnt brightly, and the courtyard walls had collapsed in several places. The houses inside were seen, and the flames licked straight out from the doors and windows as if they were about to climb into the sky.
  Du Jintan was still standing in front of the fire, watching silently, his white beard flying wildly in the heatwave, which made his expression so calm. Seeing that he was only here at this moment, he obviously returned without success, smiled kindly, and nodded.
  When Chen Zeming saw him, he thought of Yang Ruqin in the city. He said, these talents are really long-lived people, so why to bother with him.
  At this time, the entire roof fell with a bang, it was obvious that the last pillar was finally burned, the hall collapsed, and the sky was full of sparks, flames were strong, and heat waves were pressing.
  The soldiers around him hurriedly pulled the two of them back a few steps, avoiding the oncoming heat.
  Several horrified screams sounded in the fire, sharp and piercing, no longer able to distinguish between men and women, only the tragic meaning was heard.
  Du
  Jintan whispered: "There is still someone who hasn't died..." Chen Zeming put his hand in front of his forehead, lowered his head, and couldn't bear to listen.
  The fire burned for a few hours before it went out until the sky was white, and when Chen Zeming sent troops to the city, the thick smoke was especially visible.

  This battle didn't take too much time. There was no suspense in a battle between the enemy and the enemy.

  Among the prince's left and right armies, the only thing that surprised Chen Zeming was Wang Wei's son.
  It was a young man with strong blood.
  After being flanked by Chen Zeming and Yang Ruqin, the Prince's army was in chaos, and others raised their flags to surrender. With such a disadvantage, he and hundreds of soldiers still fought to the last minute.
  That courage may originate from the stubbornness passed down in the bloodline and the grief after hearing the death of the father.
  When Chen Zeming saw him being stabbed to death by random guns, he felt a deep sadness, but he had no joy after victory.
  He immediately looked at the battlefield, only to see the blood and the corpse on top of each other.
  He didn't want to fight such a battle.
  For the first time in his life, Chen Zeming had the idea of ​​retreating bravely from the rapids and returning to the field after disarming.

=My Note=

Hello Tonetteyn is here

please comment down below of this sentence your feedback about how I post this chapter if there is some problem regarding this chapter so I can fix it up and improve also this is my first time doing this stuff so sorry if there is any mistake regarding in this post

- Tonetteyn

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞...