Chapter 45

I finally was allowed to leave the hospital three days after.

Two weeks had passed since then.

My birthday was a few days after I woke up and I asked Maxon if we could do it in the simplest manner, with just our family.
He was okay with it, of course.

So I just turned twenty.
It feels strange to think that the first time I walked into the palace and met Maxon, I was only seventeen.
And now I'm twenty...

My family is going to come visite us today.

As planned, we installed the babies in the room we specially made for them : it was connected to Maxon's and I's rooms.

The furnitures all arrived one month ago and now the place was ready to welcome the twins.

Their room is a bright green.
There is a big drawer on the left side and a little bookshelf on the right.

Their beds are close to each other, in the center of the room.

The tall window is on the right, with white curtains on each sides of it and a view on the gardens.

We placed two carpets on the floor so they wouldn't hurt themselves.

Then, connected to the room is a bathroom, with two changing tables, baby lotions, diapers.

Marlee advices me on what to buy for them.
Since there babies, but still royalties, we needed to buy them some everyday clothes and some special babies clothes for some formal receptions, the report, or anything they need to attend as Royals.

I also hired one nanny to help me with the babies when I am not able to take care of them, when I'm busy.
Even if I will make sure I take care of them as much as possible.

Maxon was trying to change Ahren...
I said trying... when he called for me.
" America ?" He said from the bathrooms
" Huh... I don't know if I am doing it in the good way or... can you come check please?" He asked me, as he was struggling to take care of Ahren.
I laughed. " You know I am as bad as this huh ?" I said as I enter the bathroom.

Ahren was laying on the changing table, a little smile on his face, his fingers in his hand as Maxon was trying his best to put him a diaper.

When I saw they way he put it I couldn't help but laugh.

" I know it's horrible isn't it ?" Maxon complained " I just don't know where to stick this thing... and this one."
" Hum..." I thought " Maybe try it this way ?" I proposed, putting the diaper in a completely different way Maxon did.

It actually worked.

" Thanks, love." He said as he kissed my forehead " I'm bad at this. And Ahren keeps moving like if he knew it is hard for me." He complained again.
" Oh... he's such a bad boy ! Huh baby ?" I asked the little boy, while tickling his stomach.

Ahren let out the cutest chuckle.

Maxon finished changing Ahren and then the nanny came into the room to take care of the baby during the time we would work.

Maxon didn't want me to work at first but I told him that it was the only think that could keep my mind busy... with the children of course.

After I woke up from coma, all the memories of my time at the rebels headquarters had resurfaced.

I remember having these sort of panic attacks back then, and now that I was home, they kind of kept happening.