Chapter 5

" Today, he said so much things !" Marlee started to said, really excited " He keeps saying Mama and now he started saying Daddy too.
Carter was so happy. "
"He also points to his toys and look at me saying "car" or " Helicopter", even if he doesn't pronounce the " Rs", I feel like it's a very good start !" she said, proud of her little boy.
" That's great ! I am super happy for you Marlee !" I said, embracing her.

Today we are going to announce my pregnancy on the report.

Maxon and I wrote a little speech about it.
I still don't know if I am going to tell Marlee before or if I will wait for her to discover it tonight, with everyone else.
But, tonight, everyone will know, and from this moment I won't be forced to hide my baby bump.
I read that it was usually showing during the fourth or fifth months, but mine is already kinda here.
Of course, if you don't know, you think I just ate a good meal.
Until, tonight, I finally decided it will be our secret, with Maxon.
Even Marlee nor May won't know.
I like it, that it's a secret.

Someone knocked on the Women's room door.
" Come in !" I said.
Maxon appeared trough the half open door :
" Hi ladies !" he said
I smiled at him.
" Marlee, do you mind if I borrow you America for a while ?" He asked her
" Not at all ." she grinned.

I stood up, and walked toward Maxon and when I turned around I saw Marlee winking at me .
" I think it's better if we talk in a private place." he told me .
" Oh, okay ... we could go in my room, Mary is not here ?" I proposed
" Perfect " he said.

He took my hand and we climbed upstairs to my bedroom.
He closed the door behind him and I sat on the bed.
" What do you want to talk about ?" I asked him, not knowing at all what he was thinking.
" Well, it's kinda complicated but ..." he started
" Go ahead Maxon " I said " I listen. " I smiled to him, and he smiled back a little unsure.
" So, you remember when I told you about my father cheating on my mom ?" He asked me
" Yeah... I do. What about it ?" I questioned.

Maxon, told me once about all the things he saw as a kid and the reason why his father started beating him.

One night, as he was walking in the hallway, he saw a woman walking out of his father's bedroom...
King Clarkson was literally cheating on Queen Amberly.
It broke my heart when he told me this.
She was so sweet and so devoted to him, and he was just getting drunk and cheated on her during all this time.
I still feel disgusted by him.

Maxon started talking again :

" Well, this woman, I know who she is and..." he stopped, sighing.
I stood up, and cupped his face in my hands, making him looked at me in the eyes .
" You can tell me everything Maxon." I said
" I know." He answered, more like a whisper.

We looked at each other for a few seconds before he said :
" She once told me I had a little sister. From the time she said this to me, I never really tried to know if it was true or not but I searched things about this woman after father died and ... she really has a daughter."
"A daughter" I repeated
" Yes," he begun " and she is also my father's daughter which means ..."
" She is your half-sister" I finished for him.

I knew what this was all about.
Maxon wasn't worried about having a sister, not at all, but she was an illegitimate child...
From the point of the law, she shouldn't be alive.

He knew, I understood what he was afraid of telling me.
" You know what it means, and if someone knew about it ..."
" I know Maxon." I said, taking his hand " But by knowing you, I know you won't just do anything. Do you think she knows about it at all ?" I asked

He thought about it .

If her mother had told her, the poor girl should know that if someone discovered her secret, she could be killed .
But it wouldn't happen.