Chapter 17

I went downstairs, in the diner hall for breakfast.
Maxon was already here, with Marlee and Carter, sitting at the table.

" Good morning" I said, walking toward them.

They all lifted their heads to look at me and answered at the same time " Good morning America."

I sat next to Maxon, who was eating eggs and bacon.
He smiled at me and said after swallowing
" Hello again, darling"
I smiled back, and a maid brought me my plate.
" Thank you, Celine" I said.
She grinned a little, curtsied and left.

I tried to learn all the staff's names.
I thought it was important to know the people who were working for us everyday, and living in the same place as us.

" I can't believe you know all of their names" Maxon said to me. " I lived here my all life, and I just know a few."
" It's okay Maxon, you can learn them." I said. "You know what ?" I asked.
" What ?" He asked back.
" Every time someone part of the staff comes next to us, I'll tell you their names. You will need to concentrate a little to learn them, but it could work." I proposed.
" Deal." He said, pulling his hand out for me to shake it.
" Deal." I replied, taking his hand and squeezing it.

I started eating my breakfast, which was very good, like each times, when I saw Kile wasn't here.
" Where's Kile ?" I asked Marlee.
" Oh. He is sick." She told me.
" He has the stomach flu." Carter added.
" Okay. Hope it's not too bad." I said.
" No, it's okay. I think the maids are taking care of him. He is just in his bed all day, and ... well... you know... empties himself a lot." She shrugged.
" I think Kile and America have something in common then." Maxon teased.

I elbowed him on the arm. " How dare do you speak about your pregnant wife like this ?" I said, taking a serious expression.

The boys both laughed.

" You know what is my dearest wish right now ?" I asked them.

They looked at me, still smiling.

" That you both catch the stomach flu from Kile." I said, glaring at them.

Marlee giggled and the boys laughed harder.

" You'll see when we will have two sick kids instead of one, Maxon. You won't laugh anymore." I warned him.
" I think you forgot one kid." Marlee said to me, looking in Maxon's direction.

I chuckled. " True." I said, smirking. " A real kid."

We were in the meeting room, surrendered by plenty of advisers.

Maxon told me he wanted to reorganize everything.

There were old advisers, who had been chosen by his dad ( the angriest ones ), and he wanted to add some new, that he chose.

It wasn't that easy to tell someone who worked here for more than twenty-years, to go.

That's why we wanted to make it fair.
Well, not really fair, because we were going to trick them in a way : it was my idea.

We asked Sir Tills, the most trustable of all, who had never been for King Clarkson ideas and way of ruling, to spy on the other advisors.

Yes, it was a set up.

Maxon and I, were going to tell them our idea for the dissolution of the fours, and then we will exit the room because of an important thing to deal with.