Chapter 27

" Everything's perfect." Doctor Miller told me.
" Okay. Thank you, Doctor." I replied.

She was my gynecologist, and I had to do check ups every two weeks now that I was at the end of my pregnancy.

I am almost eight months pregnant.

Doctor Miller told me that, because I had twins, we could think my belly would get a lot bigger,when it didn't actually.
I mean, yes, it's big but she explained that the twins were oblivious going to be a little smaller than averages babies ,because of the space they needed.

Of course, it wasn't a problem at all, and they will grow up normally after.

The bedroom was ready, the country was ready, the nannie I hired ( in case of ) was ready, even Maxon was.

But I... I didn't really know if I was.

I had eight months to think about the feeling it would bring me to carry my children, to see them playing around the palace, laughing.
And now that I was really thinking about it, I kinda get scared.
I am excited, of course, but also stressed out.

What will the people think of me as a mother ?
Will I do a good job ?

I know I shouldn't care about what other people think, but it's easier to say when you aren't the center of attention of a whole country.

" I am done now, your Majesty. The babies are doing great.You are good to go." Doctor Miller told me.

I smiled at her, and got up of the examination bed.

" Thank you." I replied.
" Goodbye, your Majesty." She said.
" Goodbye, doctor." I said back.

I walked out of the hospital wing, and climbed the stairs to my room.

I was playing a lot with the violin Maxon rented me, at Christmas.

The first time I touched it, I literally had goosebumps.
It was a beautiful instrument.

But the most beautiful thing, was when I finally get to touched the wood of the instrument with my finger and slide the bow on the cords made out of horsehair.

Its sound was pure.
So pure.

I was so honored, to play with a musical instrument which was part of the history.

The Italian museum must have trusted Maxon, because otherwise they would have never accepted to rent us this violin.

It was well hidden, in its special case, in a secret place in my bedroom.

I opened the case, took the violin out of it, and delicately grabbed the bow.

I set the instrument under my chin, its edge resting on my shoulder, as I slide my bow and the cords, where a delicious sound came out of the friction of it on the horsehair cords.

I liked to create new songs and melodies, even if most of the time, I was playing songs I learned with mom and that I knew by heart.

I must have played like this for a half an hour, my face toward the window, before hearing a sneeze.

I jumped, surprised, but when I turned around, there was no one to be seen.

Maybe...

I opened the door, and to my surprise, I came face to face with ten people maybe, behind the door.

They looked a little scared of what my reaction will be, as I discovered they were listening to me for thirty minutes straight, hissing behind the door, and of course not working during this time.