Chapter 16

I felt gentle tickles on my back.
I was just starting to wake up.

" Good morning, my dear" Maxon said to me, kissing my neck.
" Hi" I whispered, still not completely awake and not caring about the " my dear".

I rolled on my back, then on my left side to face him. " I hate being pregnant" I said seriously.
He laughed ." Why so ?"
" The answer is this HUGE belly that I have, and because of which I can't band down, and I CAN'T sleep on the stomach." I complained.
" I am sorry you have to go through this love, but I can't do that much for you. I mean if I could carry them for you I would but..."
"Ew ! No ! Why did you put this image in my head Maxon ! I... I rather carry three more then to see you like that !" I said, disgusted by the thought.
" I just don't understand why it is the women who do all the work." He added.
" I think that, in a way, it's a privilege : the survival of humain kind depends on us, in a way. Of course if men weren't here, we couldn't do anything but, if we think about the worst thing : many men and one woman will never be able to have a lot of children because a woman can only carry one to three child, and it's very rare, for nine months." I started explaining " When on the other hand, if there was only one man and many women, every single one of them could carry a baby."
" That's also gross America !" He said.
" Well yeah, but if it depended on humain kind survival " I replied.
" Hopefully, there's plenty of humain on this earth and two more to come in a few months." Maxon said, touching my stomach.

The babies were sometimes kicking.

" Do you feel them ?" I asked.
He smiled.
" Yes, I think I do." He answered, smiling ." It's so strange to think that they are just here, next to us but we can't hold them or see them."
" You don't hold them. I don't know if carrying is the good word, because sometimes I feel like I hold them more then anything." I complained again.
" In this case, I will have to carry you."

Maxon stood up and put his hands under my back, lifting me up off the bed.

" Maxon !" I shouted, grinning " Put me down !"
" Nope. You keep complaining about the weight and the space the twins take, so I am going to carry you now."
" Don't carry me anywhere, as long as I'm not dressed up." I warned.
" I wasn't going to do so : I am the only one who has the right to see you after you woke up." He said.
" You forgot my maids." I reminded him.
" Yep, but the ain't men." He teased.

I laughed at his jealous words.

" Maybe I should hire men, to be my maids." I teased.
" If they all wear dresses, I'm okay with it." He joked.

He put me down in my bathroom, kissed my forehead, and left, smiling.

What did I have to do today ?

First, I took a shower, than I got dressed with the help of Mary and Paige.

Paige has been gone for one months, because she got sick.
I was worried for her.
Now, she's back on her feet, and she hasn't lost her humor.
Mary and her, are good friends. They go on really well.
They are always grinning when I see them, and teasing.

" So America" Paige started.

I asked them to call me America, because they are like sisters too me, and it feels awkward to be called your Majesty by them.

" How are you dealing with your pregnancy ? Is it annoying ?" She asked me.
" Yes, it is." I answered. "But at the same time I always feel them you know. It's a big responsibility : I can't do what I want, I can't eat what I want, unfortunately. And I am really excited for them to be here. I want to see them growing in the palace, saying their first words and learning how to walk. I want to be there when they are getting angry for the first time and when they meet their first love."
" I am sure you will be a perfect mother." Paige told me, resting her hand on my shoulder.
" No ones perfect." I reminded her " And certainly not the queen." I teased.
" Well, you don't have to be perfect, but you can make people think you are. That's the trick." She said, winking.

Mary went searching through my dressing for some clothes.

" So, what do you want to wear today ?" She asked me.
" The real question is : what do I have to do today ? Meetings ? Planning ?" I asked back.
" Wait a minute" Paige said, raising her finger. " I am going to check."

She went to my desk and looked in my agenda.

" The French family is coming next week. Do you remember?" She asked me.

Oh ! I totally forgot.
We haven't started the reception planning yet.

" Hum... yes." I lied.
" Sure." Paige said, raising an eyebrow. " So today, you have one meeting with the king and I think you wrote something about... new advisors ?" she read.
" Advisors ? Oh ! I think I know what you're talking about. Maxon told me this two days ago, and I just wrote it down quickly." I remembered.
" That's it ! I mean, it's already a lot." Paige said, coming back next to me.
" Do you remember that red dress Mary ?" I asked.
" The one with the golden dove pin ?" she asked.
" Yes , that's this one." I nodded.

This dress was a long, red dress, quite simple.
I thought it would look really nice to add a gold pin to it, and Mary found this beautiful golden dove, in a little shop, in Angeles. It was a shop with all sorts of vintage things in it.

Sometimes, when I want to find unique pieces, I ask Mary to go shopping in town.
No one knows it's for me, of course.

I love old accessories.
They have this history, they belong to someone else, someone who we sometimes know, sometime don't know, the story.
It has this mystery edge to it.

The girls helped me dress up, Mary pinned the golden dove on my chest, on the dress.

Paige did my hair and makeup.
She really was doing a good job every single time.

Today, she did a loose braid, with strands of hair  pulled out from it.

My makeup was simple.

I didn't really like makeup, so appart from receptions, big events or the report, I wasn't putting that much on.
Just a little mascara, with some blush and gloss or a pink or nude lipstick.

" I think you are ready, America" Mary told me, stepping a little bit back from the chair I was sitting in, to have an overall view.
" It's perfect. Thanks you girls." I said, looking at my reflection in the golden edged mirror in front of me.

They both smiled.

" Now, must I start this day with breakfast !" I said, always excited about it.

Who doesn't like breakfast ?
I love it !
If you do too, vote and comment.
I love to answer.