Chapter 29

" Dear Illéa. We are here tonight, on this unforeseen report, to tell you some very bad news. This morning, a group of rebels who we don't know the name, threaten me, and my wife, the king and queen of Illéa and you, our people. They want to end the monarchy and will use everything in their power to accomplish it." Maxon said, looking straight into the camera, serious as he has never been before.
" Their words are : "You have one day to leave the palace, and abduct or we will attack some innocent people in all Illéa.
If you don't do what we asked for, we will start the killing...
And we will begin with Carolina". Maxon read.
" Right now." I started " They haven't done anything, but hearing those threats we know where they're going to start. We don't have much time, and it's oblivious they are at this single moment, listening to us." I continued.
" We are going to send guards all around the country, and especially in Carolina. Gather everything you have in your house, take with you the most defenseless. Help your neighbors, you friends." Maxon said. " We won't let them win. We won't let them destroy this country, make it turn into ashes. We won't. But for this you have to be strong. We only have one word for this." He finished by saying, looking at me.

I looked straight into the camera, my eyes lighting up with this new spark in them as I said " Fight."

" And cut !" The producer shouted.

People were rushing around us, turning off every camera, lightning and screens.

I stepped off the stage, followed by Maxon.

" Do you think it went well ?" I asked him.
" Yes... I think they will understand how much in danger they are." He replied, his mind drifting to a thought from another.

I could see it on his face.

I know Maxon wouldn't tell me this, but he is scared.
And so am I.

It's the first time we have to deal with rebels, and an inside attack on our own.

Before, Maxon was watching his father do it.
But now he is the one who decides what to do, and he is the one with the weight of all the responsibilities.

If people die, some will accuse him of not being a good king, of not protecting his people.

And of course, some will take this as an advantage to show people he isn't good enough
for this country.

Which is completely false.

I admire the way he doesn't let his emotion show, even in the worst times.

I can see it because I learned to know when he is feeling bad or in trouble, when he isn't  talking about it, but the others can't.

The voice of Aspen made me drifted out of my thought.

" Your Majesty, they started." Aspen told Maxon.

Aspen was trying to hide his emotions as best as he could, even if I could see he was horrified.

Just like I was.
But what happen ?
Did they start killing people ?
In Carolina ?

" Show me." Maxon told Aspen.

I started following them but Aspen looked at me and said " Maybe you shouldn't come, your Majesty." He said, worried.