Chapter 42

Maxon's POV :

" Eadlyn for the girl and Ahren for the boy. It was a guard in the rebel prison who proposed this to me. He his the one who sent you the informations to rescue me and he saved my life." She explained in a weak voice.
I smiled " It's perfect."

Suddenly America started breathing faster.

Doctors burst into the room, as I watched the scene, powerless.

" I can't breath." She said, panicked.

The doctors started checking her vitals in a hurry.

" Maybe she's having an infection." A nurse thought at loud next to me.

And infection ?
Where ?
Was it because of her wounds ?
She didn't even had the time to get them cleaned.

That's when I saw America's eyes roll up, as they closed and her head fell on her shoulders.

" What is happening ?" I asked the doctor " Did she faint ?"

I was panicked.

She had just gave birth a few minutes ago.

She looked so exhausted.

I tried my best to be next to her and comfort her but what could I do or say ?

A nurse came close to America, checked her pulse and her breathing.

" She is breathing heavily and slowly, Doctor." The nurse said
" If she has an infection, it could be bad. Let's hope it's just extreme tiredness." The doctor started
" What are you going to do ?" I asked him
" For now, she seems in bad conditions." He explained " Maybe we should put her in a therapeutic coma, if we want to keep her vitals good and deal with the malnutrition she suffered and maybe other maltreatments we don't know for now."

I wanted to make them pay for treating her this way : they took my only love and broke her.

What did she go through ?
She didn't even had the time to tell me what had happen...
She was so strong....

" For now" the doctor begun " The nurses are going to do the post-labour examination. You should go rest your Majesty." He advice me
" Do you think I can see the babies ?" I asked him, not wanting to leave America.
" Well, the problem is the babies are premature and they are really fragile. We need to keep them in an incubator until we are sure their heart beat normally as well as their lungs. Also the biggest problem is that the Queen isn't there to feed them, so we will have to use baby bottles." He explained.
" Oh... okay." I replied.

They were my children and I was exited to meet them but at the same time, without America it wasn't the same.
I needed to live this with her.

" I'm not sure I want to leave." I told the doctor
" You can stay after the nurses are finished. I promise it won't be long. Before you go, you can stay during the time we put her in coma."

I nodded, my throat tight.

They give her sedatives called pentobarbital.
The doctor explained they were drugs which will closely monitored her brain activity.

I watched her as she fell in a untroubled sleep... at least I hoped so.

I left the room for almost an hour and went into my study : I couldn't concentrate, all I wanted was to be close to her again.