Chapter 22

I couldn't believe what happen yesterday.

The party was going really well, until I talked to Daphne.

She was just awful.
Maybe was she jealous ?
Because of Maxon ?
I don't really know, but she acted so disrespectful toward me, so un-princess like.
I am the damn queen of Illéa.
Even if, I can't even believe it or sometimes act like one, she needs to respect me.

But she didn't.
At. all.

It's when she told me I was a " Sale pute", I just wanted to slap her.

But I couldn't do this.
I needed to stay calm and act wisely.
Also, I wanted her to fear me and fear what I could do about the way she called me.

I don't know where I learned that " Sale pute" ment " Whore", but I knew it.

I still remember her face when I told her I completely understood what she said to me : her mouth dropped instantly, her eyes got wider with fear and the blood dropped from her face in one second.

I liked acting a little sassy when people were awful to me.
Like with Celeste.

After that, she hadn't talked to me once during the evening, and this morning, during breakfast, she did her best not to meet my gaze.

The French family was going to stay here for one day until they go back to France.

I liked the queen, though.
I just couldn't believe she raised a child into this kind of woman.
Maybe Daphne was hurting inside, but it didn't mean she could act like this.

" What are you thinking about, darling ?" Maxon asked me, his voice pulling me out of my thoughts.

I haven't told him about Daphne's attitude last night, and I don't think I will.
It wasn't a lie, it just that I didn't want him to worry and get angry.

I just wanted peace.

" Oh ! Nothing..." I answered
He looked at me rolling his eyes " Uh uh..."
" Okay..." I admitted " I was thinking about last night's party."
" It was really great, love. The French family was really happy." He said to me, reassuring.
" Yes, I think it was nice too."
" And now we stop the thinking and we work." He said, his face getting closer to me, cupping my face with his hands.

I shighed . " Yes, your Royal Husbandness."
" I hate it when you call me like that." He said.
" I know." I replied smiling.
" So ? We start working again... my dear ?" He teased.
" Yes for the work, no for my dear." I replied, taking my pen and a few papers I was working on.

Maxon laughed. " Alright."

We were working on the final papers for the dissolution of the fours.
It was a bunch of new laws, speeches for the report, and the final official paper.

We decided everything we were going to write about, helped by the new advisers, and now we had to write everything down, and sign the papers.

We had slit the work in two parts : one for Maxon and the other one for me, although I knew he gave me less to do.

It was really hard these days to convince him to let me work, because of my pregnancy.

I was tired a lot, yes, but I could still managed to be the queen at the same time.

Every time I looked in the mirror, I was seeing this huge belly of mine in the reflection.