Chapter 15

He talked about his ideas and how the group formed itself.

They were old Southerners, who run away from them, because they weren't thinking the same way : they wanted the castes to be gone, yes, but the Southerners, were planning not to care for destruction and violence that could come with it.

They wanted the same thing but not with the same approach.
Or method.

It was pretty interesting.
The NMC, seemed to have good ideas.
Sir Hidson, is only the representative of the group, so he must report them everything that happens in the palace or what we think about them.

" I know I just presented you what we thought and our current condition, but I hope you will think about it, your Majesty. There are a lot of people who are against the castes and the same amount who are for. But people can learn to like it. You just have to do it the right way." He said.
" I know... I know..." I replied, thinking about it.
" Will you talk to the king about us ?" He asked again. " I know he doesn't really trusts us, but what is sure is that, I want him and you, to. All we have are good intentions, and maybe it's difficult to find good allies in this situation, we know that, but the King and Queen have to know we will always serve them as best as we can, for the dissolution of the rest of the castes." He finished by saying.
" Sure." I said " We will consider your group." I agreed.
" Thank you, your Majesty." He said.

We were in the usual meeting room.
No one was here so I thought it would be good for a discussion like this one.

" Okay, then" I started standing up " I will think about it."
" Great !" He said, standing up too " I will come back in the palace tomorrow I think."

We said goodbye, and he left, a few seconds before I did the same.

" Your Majesty." I heard him saying.

Has he got something else to tell me ?

Before I could think any further, I saw him.

Of course, Maxon was walking next to the meeting room, the exact second we were leaving it.

Sir Hidson curtsied and left.
Maybe he thought, I haven't seen him, but I did.
Was this a smirk ?

Then, I was standing in front of Maxon, my husband, my children's father, who I haven't talked to for more than forty-eight hours.
Even if our room were meters apart.

Our gaze met.

Surprisingly, he said " We should talk."

And I nodded.

We went in his office.

There was silence.
Neither of us were starting the conversation.

I wanted to speak to him in the first place. May told me I should, and that's what I am going to do.

" I want to know everything." Was what I said.

He looked at me, but before he could reply, I spoke again, in a firm tone " About the castes, about the NMC group, about the selected letters, about August Illéa, and about all the other things you hide from me."

He looked at me for a few seconds, clearly thinking about it.
He had just realized I knew so much more that I could have thought.

"Okay." He said sighing.

He sat down on the couch, and I went next to him.
" Where do I start ?" he asked me.
" August ." I decided to say.