Chapter 14

"Did you know that Astra ( Kenna's baby) went really mad yesterday ?" May said to me on the phone.
" No, Kenna hasn't told me" I replied
" Well, yeah... it was really fun. Kenna didn't know what to say when she started screaming. I think it was because she wanted this lollipop but Mom took it out of her mouth because she already had one." May explained " Then she started getting so mad ! She already has her little character, just like you !" She said, and I could hear her chuckle on the phone.

I smiled.

" I don't want her to become like me though. One America is enough." I said seriously.
" Its not : one America is enough, it's just that we can't find another one. She will never be like you, because she will have her own feelings, her own life, her own lover." She said to me.

Maxon.
He was in my mind all the time.
It has been just two days, but we haven't talked to each other one single time.
I mean, we are both very proud people, but I just wish everything was normal again.
This was one of the biggest...

Well, not really.
We had worse fights.

But never by being married.
And me being pregnant.
Oh gosh !
I am going to talk to him today.

" Ames ?" May asked me " Are you listening to me ?"

Even through the phone she could feel my mind had drifted away from our conversation.

" Hum... yeah... I'm listening" I said, trying to convince her.
" No, you don't. Okay Ames, what happen with Maxon ?"

H-Ho-how did she know ?!

" I know it's about him Ames. You guys argued huh ?" She guessed.
" We... hum... yeah... we did." I admitted.
" Why ?"
" He lied to me. And he hides things from me too. About the castes and the country. I can't tell you what May, but it's important things. And after he tells me it's because he wants to protect me, but I need to know what is happening, I want to help him. And then we argued about a man I met and Maxon says he isn't trustable, but he is nice, and then he told me I couldn't see him anymore so I maybe said he had a bit of his father left in him and it's been two days since we hadn't spoke to each other. I saw him in the hallways a few times but we kinda avoid each other and..."
" Wait. Woah. Too much informations for my brain."

I let out a weak laugh.

" Okay so too make it clearer : you argued because he lies to you about certain things because he wants to protect you. You, you want to help him and you don't understand why he needs to lie to you and than you spoke to a man he said you shouldn't talk to because he is not trustable so you said he was controlling you like his father did. Is that it ?" She resumed
" Yeah." I shrugged.
" Mer! It's not that bad. Okay : he lied to you, but I am sure he really though it was good. And it's not because he is a little jealous because his beautiful wife talks to someone else that he is like his father ! "
" Yeah, I think he didn't appreciate this." I said.
" That's the least we can say Ames ! I think you should apologize to him. But knowing Maxon, he will apologize to you too. You have to talk to him about the fact that you want to know everything that is happening in the country, even if it's bad." She advised me.

She was so right.
It was all my fault.
I had to apologize to him.
I also wanted to speak about these selected letters.
Gosh ! How many things didn't I know ?
I felt like an idiot.

" I think you should go to him right now" May said.
" Yes, I will. Thank you May." I said.
" Your Welcome Ames. Always here for her Majesty." She teased.
" Stop calling me this way !" I shouted " It's awkward !"

She was laughing.

" Alright, Your Royal Majesty, Queen America Schreave ." She replied.
" May !" I exclaimed.
" Okay, okay. I'll stop. I think I have to go Ames" she told me.
" Yes, of course. We'll talk later." I answered.
" Don't forget to tell me how you reconciled with Maxon !" She said and then hang up.

I had to speak with him.
Okay.

I went out of my room and went downstairs.
He was in his office at this time of the day.
What will I tell him ?
"I am sorry Maxon for telling you that you were just like your father because you know it's not true. Your are the most kind person I have ever met and you are a perfect husband. I am so sorry for always getting mad when, all you ever wanted was to protect me. Even if I am not made out of glass, I can understand why you lied to me . I am stupid. Sorry."

Before I could think more about it, someone called me.
" Your Majesty"

It was Sir Hidson.

" Hello, your Majesty" he said to me.
" Hello Sir." I replied
" How are you today ?" He asked me.
I have to apologize to my husband, and I am kinda stressed out and then you come here to speak to me. No, I am not okay.
" Perfectly fine, thank you." I lied.
" I am very good. I thought we could maybe speak in the gardens ?" He asked me.
" Hum... actually I have something to do and..."
" I know you argued with your husband, the king and I am sorry about it." He let out.

It's none of your business !

But I had to stay polite.

" Yeah. Huh... how do you know ?" I decided to ask
" Everyone knows it. I'm sorry, your Majesty. I think someone heard you and then this person said it to another person and you know how it works."
" Oh. Okay." I just replied.
" Also, I think someone said it was about me ? Because the king wasn't trusting me and our group ? And he didn't wanted you to talk to me ?"

Breath.
I have to end this conversation before I explode.

" I am sorry" he said before I could talk " It's rude. Really. Do you think we could speak about... a possible alliance ?" He suddenly asked me.

An alliance ?
With the NMC group ?
And why did his mind shifted that fast it ?

" I thought you spoke with the king ?" I asked him.
" Yes, I did but he doesn't seem pleased by it. Maybe you could convince him ? Just listen to what I will say to you ?"

Maybe he was someone of trust.
I had to try to listen to him, at least.
And also, deep in my heart, I knew it would prove Maxon wrong.
I could do something good as a queen.
I had to listen to what he wanted to say.

" Okay." I agreed.

It goes well.
If you like this chapter, you can support this story by voting and commenting ! :)