I hope Taehyung notices my new shoes.

"...Fine, i-it was fine," Mina blinked after hearing Bitna's thoughts abruptly. She glanced down at Bitna's shoes, seeing that they were, in fact, very new. "I like your shoes."

Bitna gasped, glancing down at her shoes with a big smile. "Thanks!"

-

Mina found herself dozing off during chemistry, much thanks to her previous late night. Her teacher was giving a lesson on protons, something she had learned years before from Yeojeong, so having to listen to this lesson once more was not her priority. She was sitting near the back of the class anyway, so the chance of her being caught was probably slim.

This is so boring, I want to go home.

What time does class end?

                     I think I left my homework at home.

Mina's eyes flew open in frustration, her jaw clenched tight as she brought her fingers to her temples, rubbing them generously to soothe herself. She couldn't get these thoughts from others out of her mind, and it ticked her off while she tried to sleep.

"Are you okay?" Mina suddenly heard someone whisper from beside her, making her head turn from the position she was in. She made eye contact with a concerned Jungkook, making her heart leap as she quickly dropped her hands, trying not to make eye contact with him too long.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," she nodded slightly and whispered back, sneaking a glance toward the teacher who was still speaking.

"Late night?" Jungkook asked, a small smile tugging on his lips. Mina turned her head toward him, nodding in response. "Same here."

She could tell; his eyebags were nearly as visible as hers, and he had the same dullness in her eyes that she carried. Yet somehow, he still looked absolutely beautiful with his dark hair perfectly falling over his forehead, his lips pink and soft. He looked like a Greek sculpture, one she wished she could take home and have as a decoration. She mentally shook her head out of these odd thoughts.

"Did something happen?" Mina asked quietly, her eyebrows raising in concern.

"No, nothing happened," he gently shook his head. "Not anything I can explain anyways," he chuckled.

I wonder if... No. I shouldn't try to read his mind. That's invasive.

Mina only sent him a half-smile before facing the front, watching the teacher talk. The teacher's voice and his words were traveling through her ears, muffled and incomprehensible as her own thoughts finally invaded her mind.

Do I really want to be a superhero? she pondered. How would I even get away from my father? I'm way too busy to be a superhero. I'm going to see Chan to tell him I can't do this.

-

Mina sat in the backseat of her car, head leaning against the window as she watched the streets pass by. She was exhausted from school and from her mind the entire day, and all she wanted to do was take a nice soothing bath.

"Mina? Don't tell your father, I'm going to stop by the bank for a second. Can you stay in the car?" Kangho asked from the driver's seat, glancing at her through the rearview mirror as he drove.