38. What Happened Next

As tongues swirled around together, lips moved in sync, hands clawed at each other, they made their way upstairs. Out of instinct they were in their old bedroom, on the bed, David hovering over Jennifer.

With everything that is wrong with this, there was so much more that was right with it.

David slipped off Jennifer's shirt, while she got rid of his belt and unbuttoned his jeans. She pushed them down his legs with her feet and he kicked them off as she also pulled off his t-shirt. They were wasting no time as items of clothes just seemed to have been thrown everywhere, all over the floor and end of the bed. Slowly, the last item was Jennifer's bra, was removed and they were now both fully naked.

He noticed the diamond on her necklace and it looked awfully familiar.

"Is that?"

"It's nothing," she panted. "I just like it and don't think it should go to waste."

David didn't want to question as to why she's wearing a necklace with the engagement diamond he gave her, he just wanted to indulge in this moment.

"Okay." He nodded, now getting back to where they were.

Jennifer reached down David's body, working on him with just her hand until he was ready. David then slowly entered her, her arms going around his neck as he buried into her. Once settled David began moving his hips into Jennifer's, making her moan softly into his ear.

That sound, he missed being the one to make her moan... he missed being the one who sent her to places she could never have imagined, he missed everything.

Jennifer had to bite down on his shoulder just to stop herself from screaming with pleasure. She ended up pulling him into a kiss, wet kisses being reciprocated lazily as David kept his thrusts going. There wasn't an inch of their bodies that went un-missed over their time apart. Everything was going so fast, the desperation to have each other being too much to handle. It didn't take him much longer to come close to the edge, pulling Jennifer over with him as he exploded inside of her. David gently lay his body on hers, putting a bit of body weight on her but not crushing her at the same time.

She sighed contently, keeping her arms wrapped around him as she didn't want to let go.

"David I-"

"Oh god..." David sighed... she couldn't tell if it was from pleasure or from frustration. But she knew her answer when David let go of her, rolling over and getting up, pulling on his boxers. "... I'll be back" he walked out the room, then into a bathroom as she heard the shower turn on.

Jennifer felt tears prickling her eyes, but she couldn't let herself cry as she never really expected anything less than that from him. He just cheated on his fiancé for one night with Jennifer? She sure did feel like a fool.

Quickly she got up and changed into her clothes, pulling her hair back into a ponytail before running downstairs. David heard the front door alarm as Jennifer pulled it closed. He ran downstairs with a towel around his waist as water fell onto the floor in puddles. He managed to get there just as she opened her car door, he ran over to her, standing on a few stones which hurt, but he caught up to her on time.

"Jennifer, don't go."

"I thought that's-?"

"No... no," he shook his head, smiling slightly. "I... i needed a second and I wanted to talk to you before you left. Please come back in."

"I don't think so. David, you're engaged and you slept with me... let's just move on. It was a mistake. So... you can either tell Mili and she'll hate my guts or you keep it to yourself."

"Jen-"

"No, it's okay. You have things to deal with right now, like getting married... and Mili or... whatever you have on right now. So don't let it dawn on your mind, please don't? Okay?"

"Okay." He sighed and she kissed his cheek, getting in the car and shutting the door over before pulling away.

...

David played that night over and over in his head for a good two weeks before he spoke to Mili. He said that he totally understood if she wanted to be done with him and just say that he wasn't ready to settle down or some other story. But he wanted to make sure she didn't say anything about him and Jennifer, she could say he cheated all she wanted, just not with Jennifer as he didn't want her looking bad. Obviously it was wrong of them, he knows that, but he didn't want Jennifer being judged, which she probably will be. She had it hard enough when calling off the marriage, which was supposed to come out as an announced split, but someone got to telling it as a piece of gossip before they could explain.

And after a lot of talking, crying and apologising, Mili made up her mind and decided to move past it with him. She knew that he knows what he done was wrong, and it'll take a long time for her to forgive him fully... but it was a start. David then spoke to Jennifer the next day, explaining Mili's approach and that they would be going on in their relationship. Jennifer was happy that he was and even mentioned asking Mili if she wanted to talk to her, which she did and that really made Jennifer stomach tighten.

So tomorrow... Jennifer and Mili are going to talk it all out.