23. I Like Mine with a Kiss

February 2nd 1997

Jennifer woke up to the smell of coffee, mixed with a hint of bacon and eggs. She sat up on the bed, stretching her arms out wide as she yawned. Once aware of her surroundings, she went to the bathroom before heading down stairs. When entering the kitchen she tied her robe around her body securely, then rubbed her eyes. David had some music playing on the radio, which was now slowing down as the host began talking a bit.

He noticed her presence at the corner of his eye, he turned to her as he flipped a pancake. "Hungry?" He asked and she chuckled.

"Very," she nodded.

David put everything down, letting it cook on its own for the time being. He walked over to Jennifer, taking her hand in his, the other placing on her waist as she put her other hand on his shoulder. He began swaying around the kitchen, humming a familiar tune in Jennifer's ear. She rested her head on his shoulder, sinking into their movements as the gorgeous scents invaded her sense of smell.

"How d'ya like your eggs in the morning?" David began singing, pulling away from Jennifer, still holding one of her hands and spinning her around. "I like mine with a kiss," he continued, pecking her lips before re-situating themselves back in their first stance as they danced around. The next song turned on and David began singing it, twirling Jennifer around and holding her tight against his body.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong?

You know it's gonna make it that much better
When we can say goodnight and stay together

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new?
And after having spent the day together
Hold each other close the whole night through

Happy times together we've been spending
I wish that every kiss was never ending
Oh, wouldn't it be nice?

Jennifer giggled as David's eyes widened and smoke began building in the kitchen, he let go and ran over to his pancakes, luckily it wasn't too burned and still salvageable. "Phew!" He wiped his forehead, laying out the breakfasts on the plates.

"You want some orange juice?" Jennifer asked, opening the fridge and bringing out the jug of juice.

"Yeah, just set it on the table, also could you make coffee?"

"Mhm," she nodded, getting the drinks ready.

Once all their food and beverages were ready, Jennifer and David sat across from each other as they had eggs, bacon, pancakes and syrup. While Jennifer took a massive mouthful, David stopped eating for a moment, watching her struggle to eat.

"What?" She said sweetly, gulping her food before washing it down with her orange juice. "Why are you staring?"

"I just... I can't believe I got so lucky."

"What with?"

"You." He responded with a smile.

"Aww baby!" She grinned, getting up and walking over to David, sitting down on his lap.

"No, Jen, honestly. I'm so darn lucky to have you in my life, never mind call you mine. And I know I've already said I love you, but I just want you to know just how much I love and appreciate you, every part of you." David lightly stroked up and down Jennifer's back as comfort, Jennifer's tears slowly rolled down her cheeks as she looked down at her lap.

"I- I don't even know what to say..." she chocked up on her words.

"You don't have to say anything, c'mere" he wrapped his arms tighter around her frame, pulling her as closely as he could.