CHAPTER 【30】

Jungkook knew where he was heading. Going to where every other demon goes. A place where he had lost a friend before. A place where he failed to protect someone he promised to keep safe. And now he was the one being taken to this factory of death. Like some demons call it. Everyday shifters get killed here.

Yet Jungkook couldn't understand why their leader was a shifter. Why turn against your own kind like this? Why were these humans accepting it like this, that their leader was one of the 'monsters' they were hunting. It didn't make sense.

But he may find answers soon enough as the doors of the van opened and he was suddenly pushed out of it falling on the ground with a thud.

Jungkook had some remarks but decided to stay silent. Not giving them a word until the boss comes and talks to him himself.

"Get up, demon," a hunter said. Jungkook did as they said, getting on his legs he already felt pain from the chains and he better not make it worse now. Being pushed by the humans he made his way into the building. Being dragged into a dark room where he got locked up in the darkness.

"this is a mess" Jungkook said as he slid down the wall sitting down with a deep sigh. "and here I thought I could relax and heal. Guess luck really isn't on my side this life '' good things jungkook experienced in his life always had an unlucky event that messes things up completely. And now when he finally got his mate and they got their plan he just had to get overpowered when he was already weak. He was just unlucky...

-

Meanwhile there was a very concerned boy named Taehyung pacing around the library. Namjoon had waited with taehyung for jungkook to return but it was taking oddly long. Somehow taehyung managed to push back his demon by himself and had turned back to normal. Which didn't help a lot as he was now making namjoon very nervous with all his walks and words of worry

"why won't you let me go look for him!?" Taehyung shouted at Namjoon who didn't look so amused by that loud tone.

"We don't know what might have happened if something did. If something happened i'm sure hunters will be behind it and we can't risk you falling into their hands. You're too important."

"but we have to find him! Please!"

"No Taehyung. Jungkook has given me strict orders and I will not go against them. Its for your own safety."

"but....Ahhrg" taehyung groaned annoyed and was about to stop off when the library entrance doors opened and someone ran inside clearly in a hurry. Namjoon was alarmed and grabbed a knife from his drawer. but the protection wasn't needed when he saw it was Yoongi. still dressed in his hunter uniform panting heavily when he came to a halt.

"They got Jungkook!" is all he said, it was enough to make taehyung's heart drop down and his face turned pale.

-

[earlier]

Jungkook was taken to a rather big room, the smell of death lingering in the room. he could feel it. He senses that many had died here before him. he did not quite like that feeling. Jungkook knew he had to die eventually but not here, not like this. yet he can't do anything to get out, he doesn't know how much power he can use until his body will burst and he dies. His powers were hard to keep contained inside his body, each thing he tried made his arm bleed more and more. The bandages were turning darker. He didn't see it but he could feel the cloth get wet when he tried something. besides the pain that was burning into his wrists and neck. Preventing him from doing anything sudden.

He was basically thrown onto the ground and he got up0 on his knees slowly. his head looked up to examine the space he was in. his eyes falling onto a very familiar man, his eyes wide as plates, Yoongi. His friend looked shocked to see him here, in this place. yet he couldn't do anything, it will blow his cover right away.

It was good yoongi was here in the same room, which means jungkook can get a message to Taehyung. So gathering some of his powers he locked eyes with yoongi and send over a mental message. Almost right away when he used his powers the chains began to hurt making him shrink into a ball trying to hold in any sounds of pain. Slowly it faded and he looked back at his friend getting a slow nod before the human left the room right away. Jungkook waited in that spot for a while until the door was opened again and a tall dark grey dressed man walked on. It was seokjin. His face didn't show much emotion, well that was until his eyes locked with Jungkook and a smile grew on his lips.

"Well well, I didn't think my men were able to catch you so quickly," Soekjin said with a chuckle as he approached the raven. "seems they can do something right." he bend down to the raven's eye level and grabbed his chin between his fingers firmly turning it left and right.

Jungkook wasn't having that and turned his head away making the taller lose its grip. Soekjin looked displeased by that and hummed, stepping back. Jungkook didn't get time to look at the other when he felt a harsh yank at his neck chain. It made the emeralds press harshly into his neck sending intense pain through his muscles. "ah!"

"don't try to do anything funny. you're my prisoner, you're nothing now" Seokjin hissed at the demon. "That said, let's get right to it. we can't waste time here"

"Why are you killing your own kind?'' Jungkook asked, trying to keep his voice as stable as he could, which was hard when you are in pain.

"Asking for story time hm? Too bad. I don't owe you anything to tell you. maybe if you are a good pet i might tell you something before you die" Seokjin chuckled and grabbed jungkook's hair tightly making him look up and face him in the eyes. "you're quite an interesting creature, perfect to experiment" Seokjin then stepped back again and looked at the group of white coated men with face masks and gloves. "get the samples, don't go easy on him. He might be sick but he is more dangerous than he looks."

Jungkook wanted to just snap the others neck right here and now, the degrading tone Seokjin had when speaking to him wasn't anything jungkook liked to just accept. But he chose to keep his mouth shut knowing it won't make things any better. The best for now is to suck up his pride and wait for a chance.

Seokjin was satisfied with the catch. He saw Hoseok in the hallway when he exited the room and the officer followed him. "you deserve a promotion. giving me exactly what i asked for. Your service won't be forgotten" seokjin said

"what will you do with him?" hoseok asked, noticing Seokjin wasn't killing the shifter right away like most of them.

"I have no intention of killing him now," Seokjin said and looked at hoseok with a grin forming on his lips. "he is for experimentation now. As i told you you failed to get rid of the white raven." seokjin halted in his steps turning to the other. "This man is the original creation, he is similar to the white raven. so we will experiment on him to find a way to kill the white raven. Their weaknesses shouldn't be too different." The leader then looked at the door where he left the demon. The screams and other noises came from the room. "I almost feel bad for him, such a broken creature. literally. oh well, things need to be done" seokjin turned away from the door and walked away, letting the scream fade into the distance.

---

thank you for reading see you in the next chapter! were slowly going down to the ending part of the story keke.

🌼🌼🌼