CHAPTER 【17】

Like Jungkook had planned, he took Taehyung on a nice evening walk after their dinner. Taehyung walked next to jungkook while they followed the path that followed the river below them. The city had water flowing through the middle which was a nice path to follow.

"You know, I usually don't do these things," Jungkook said, looking at the moon ahead of them in the sky.

"what do you mean?"

"going to restaurants, interacting with humans like that, pretending to be normal. I know I try to blend in but then I have different intentions. today i really wanted to be normal..for you at least" jungkook said and sighed. he wanted taehyung to be comfortable and not think of all the shifters problems. he wanted to be like taehyung and be in an illusion he was human. acting like a regular human. But Jungkook can't do that so easily. He still got the parts of him that he can't hide.

"It's fine, I enjoyed today," Taehyung smiled and walked closer to jungkook.

"I'm glad you did," Jungkook smiled. He had something important to do today but he pushed that back deep into the night. He wanted to spend time with Taehyung first. He wanted to grow closer to the other, he really liked the other. not because they were connected but besides that he also did.

"Sooo. what are we gonna do now?"

"I don't know, '' Jungkook said and suddenly bent down for a second before walking in front of Taehyung, basically blocking the other's way making him stop walking. "But I'm gonna try and impress you with this thing," Jungkook said, holding out a flower.

"a Daisy! so cute" taehyung smiled while taking the flower.

"what's a daisy?"

"this flower is a daisy"

"how the fuck would i know." Jungkook frowned and looked away. "so you like it or not?"

"yea"

"you don't sound like it." jungkook thought, he wasn't so sure what humans normally do to impress their person of interest jungkook saw people do this so he thought it was the way to go, it seems taehyung wasn't all to impressed by the flower. he was wondering what to do next when he heard a chuckled next to him. Taehyung was smiling.

"you're kinda funny, didn't expect it from you," Taehyung said, putting the flower in his hair. "you looked so cold at first"

"don't let looks fool you Tae, especially those of shifters" jungkook said and suddenly his eyes widened he pushed taehyung aside making him barely escape an arrow shot. Behind the boy stood a hunter with a crossbow.

"fuck, i missed" the man cursed and put his crossow on his back grabbing his knives. more came from behind the bushes and other hiding spots, surrounding the two.

"Taehuyng, stay close" jungkook said as he moved closer to the boy who was looking around, scared now he knew the hunters were going to attack him as well he did not like this one bit. He had seen them attack him before and it wasn't pleasant. He didn't like them. He dodged an incoming attack and looked at Jungkook who bent over for a few seconds. A snap of something was heard and he charged at the man. his eyes glowing bright purple. his pupils were bigger. He looked like that again. He looked scary like this. his black hair waving behind him when he moved, his bandaged hand seemed to have changed color seeing the fingers that stuck out from the bandage were black and had sharp nails.

"AH!" taehyung yelped in fear when he almost got his again. he pushed the hunter away from him towards jungkook who in his place pierced his hand through the man's chest taking out his heart and breaking it in his hand, a wide grin on his face he licked his hand a few times before changing at the others. not letting anyone near taehyung again.