CHAPTER 【24】

According to plan the two raven flew all the way to the secret hideout of the hunters. Well not really secret, it was a group of buildings and with a few storage buildings on a field, it was near the forest so they landed in a tree nearby and shifted back. sitting on the branch they looked down at the people that moved in small groups over the field.

"This is it," Jungkook said and looked at the group of hunters making their way to the van parked on the field. "Look, we're just in time to see what they do. you can see for yourself they are monsters..." Jungkook's voice darkened and he scoffed. He hated these hunters, making the demon's their lives more worse than it already was.

Taehyung looked at the people leaning forward thinking it would make his sight zoom in. but sadly it didn't work that way so he just kept sitting normally and focused better. He watched how the hunters opened the van and pulled out a cuffed person. It was a boy. Maybe a little older than taehyung, he couldn't quite tell from up there. But that wasn't what caught his attention first. it was the screams the boy made. trying to tear the cuffs from his wrists.

"They are emerald lined handcuffs, they burn our skin. we can't shift while in contact with that tone, '' Jungkook explained. Both watching for the boy were roughly taken into the back door of the building, pushing him and using shocks to make the boy keep moving forward.

"Why, what are they doing?" Taehyung asked, looking at jungkook.

"They will experiment on them and then kill them. They want to find a direct weapon to kill us demons faster. a final solution. But so far they have only the emeralds as the best solution to kill us. they have to find our weaknesses."

"Why do they hate us so much?" Taehyung asked softly.

"I do not have a clear answer. We think they only want humans and see us as the evil kind. but in my eyes i think they are just afraid"

"Afraid...you think so? why?"

"We are something these humans do not know. see other humans die by our hands, see us turn into these...monsters. I think they are scared to die. so they decided to get rid of us and show they are superior" Jungkook said. "lets go to that other tree so we can look inside the window. there they experimented on our friend. thats where he died." Jungkook pointed to the tree across from the witch who had a view on the window. The two did as suggested and shifted into their bird from flying to the other tree and calmly landed, not taking the risk to shift back and get seen.

"Look closely" Jungkook linked to his mate. "Look how they treat our kind, that boy did nothing wrong. i can see it in his eyes" Jungkook said he had a thing for that, he can see what kind of fear someone hase. He could tell this boy was absolutely terrified and innocent. He did not kill any human, his figure was too frail to have fed from a human, his eyes too colorless to have ever have tasted blood.

"no...why" Taehyung linked, unsure what to say as he watched how the hunters took blood samples of the boy. Once they filled their bottle they had to find its heart. Stabbing the knives in every spot to find the crucial point which was near the boy's stomach. Unlike a human the shifters had their hearts in different places. usually right in the middle or on the right side, but some had it totally somewhere different, it depends on their growth how far a heart moves from its spot.

But Jungkook wasn't one like that.

"I think we should head back, I have seen enough..." Taehyung said looking away, he didn't like seeing someone in pain like this. He didn't feel safe being here knowing what could happen if they were to be caught.

"okay, lets go" jungkook didn't want to force the other to see more so he just decided to go home with him now. Just as they took off, Taehyung noticed someone.

A pair of icey blue eyes was staring right at him from the ground. standing near the van was a man dressed in a long black coat. Both hands were in his pockets, but his eyes were clear and glowing. It sent a cold shiver down Taehyung's body recognizing those eyes. It was Seokjin himself. Seokjin let them go with a wide grin on his face.

he did not feel the need to attack the two birds now, he had other things to attend to. the execution of their captured group of shifters. Seokjin still hasn't found any of interest, these were all common demons, not interesting. They can kill these easily. but he had to find something...someone like Jungkook.

but luck wasn't on his side yet and he once again had a wasteful batch of demons. blood to be shed with nothing for him in it.

"Sir, we have set them ready," one of the guards said, rushing up to seokjin.

"good.'' Seokjin said and walked to the field where a line of shifter humans sat on their knees. all wearing an iron collar with emeralds to keep them in place. stunning their nerves. "i have a new task for you"

"of course"

"I want you to trace down the purple eyed raven, get him to me, alive," Seokjin said and walked away from the man approaching the line of people.

"of course, it will be done sir"

a white dressed guard walked up to their boss holding a tray of emerald knives. Seokjin took a deep breath and his eyes turned a bright white color. the dark tentacles came from under his long coat and grabbed each a knife. The shifters looked in horror at the tall man but they could not cower in fear, they could only cry and scream when the knives were thrown into their hearts and they felt their bodies fall to the ground.

"I want everyone of you to focus on getting me that Raven, do not spare anyone that comes across your way!" Seokjin said once his job was done and the guards had approached him ready to be sent out.

"But sir. what about the pale raven you have been talking about"

"i do not want him in my presence right now, he is too dangerous" seokjin hissed at the man. Seokjin knew taehyung had awoken his demon and it was too dangerous to have the white raven near him. Knowing that taehyung could kill him with just the touch of a finger. Seokjin wasn't going to risk anything now. He will use the black raven first to learn, knowing jungkook was the same type, just with some....alterations. 

---

thank you for reading! 

i hope its still keeping your interest hehe, i think where the story is going might be very predictable. i have been scattering hints here and there. i think some are onto it. hehehe. 

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter and i will see you in the next update!

🌼🌼🌼