The girl avoid his gaze. Overwhelmed with guilt, she cursed herself. "Yeah."

"Is it a way out?" He put a hand on Y/N's leg and shook it gently, eager for her to tell him everything.

"I don't think so," Y/N admit. "It—it's something else. Too hard to explain. I'll have to take you there. I didn't want to bring any of it back with me incase something happened."

"Bring it back with you?" Minho asked. "What do you mean?"

The girl threw her head back against the tree trunk in frustration. Or, maybe she was upset. She wasn't sure. What she'd found a while ago had her thinking for a long time and it was all coming boiling to the surface. She now had to follow through with what she'd told Minho. "They're clues...things from before the maze."

Minho looked to the maze doors. Then, back to his running partner. They had time to go back out there.

He looked out to the maze again, then to Y/N. He saw how conflicted she was. There was a reason she'd held this information from him for as long as she had. He understood. He trusted her.

"Okay," Minho took in a deep breath. He shift where he sat so he could grab the hands of his running partner. "You and I are going to go out there tomorrow and figure out what we can, alright? Tonight, let's just hang low."

"Yeah, okay." Y/N swallowed hard and agreed.

"What do you say we go grab some dinner and work on the maps in my room?" He asked the girl.

Seeming a little more relaxed, like a weight had been lift off her chest despite the looming threat of tomorrow, the girl willingly stood up with Minho.

It took him no more than a couple of seconds to reach down and grab his running shoes and by the time he was back up and turning towards Y/N, she had her face in his chest and arms around his torso. She let out a deep breath and winced.

"Uhh," Minho wasn't sure how to react. It wasn't because he didn't want the hug or that he was uncomfortable. It was that he was worried for Y/N. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, let's go." Y/N quickly turned away from Minho without looking at him, struggling her way out of the long grass and in the direction of the kitchens. Truth was Y/N was afraid that she'd lose her best friend tomorrow. What she found in the maze could change everything and she feared it might be for the worse.

Minho, a little baffled, shook his head and chased after her. Maybe she just needed some time with her other friends at dinner to get her mind off of things for a while. Needed some time to come down from having to tell him what she just did.

That may have only been partially true. After dinner, when Minho returned to his room with some drawing supplies to work on the maps, Y/N was right where he'd left her, a disheartening look in her eyes as she stared at the floor. Gently, Minho set down the papers and went to go sit beside Y/N. Unsure of himself, he rubbed his hands on his legs and then leaned forward.

"Listen, I don't know what you found. But whatever it is, we'll figure it out." Minho tried to assure. "...don't feel like there's something you can't tell me."

"I—it's okay." Y/N made herself to snap back to reality and forced a smile at Minho. "Let's just finish the maps for today and hope we can sleep."

Minho figured that sounded alright. He'd be lying if he said these sorts of nights weren't his favourite. Working late into the night on the maps with a faint light, Y/N at his side until they both passed out from exhaustion. If there was one good thing in the Glade and the entirety of their hellish circumstances, this was his little piece of hope.