[76] ✽ Promise to Fulfil ✽

Start from the beginning

Seokjin hums, "I see."

He quietly continued to drive towards Jungkook's house and you appreciated his silence. He had many questions but did not ask which was kind of him.

You try to find your voice to finally speak out about Seokjin's confession which you still don't remember but he had explained it when you were in the hospital. It was shocking but you had no time to process it until now.

You had pretended not to hear that piece of information to buy some time to think and now, you finally made up your mind after debating a long time.

"Jin, I have my answer now."

"Hmm? About what?"

"Your confession, I am ready to answer it now."

All of a sudden the car screeches to a halt, startling you. The force jerks both of you forward but the seatbelt strapped against your chest saves you from getting into another accident. You glance at him with wide eyes.

"I said I was ready to answer, not die Kim Seokjin!"

Thankfully no other car was behind so no accident occurred. The engine remained silent as he turns to look at you in bewilderment.

"Jeez Yuna, you cannot just say something serious like that to me when I am driving."

"Sorry but it's urgent."

"Ugh, we should-"

You put your hand over his knuckles on the steering wheel, "I know you want to hear the answer. Please stop avoiding me now."

He inhales sharply.

"Fine, go ahead."

"Seokjin, you have been a good friend to me till now and I appreciate you developing your bond with me. But I am sorry, I don't think I am in the right state to love anyone."

He sighs. "I-is it because of Jungkook?"

"Yes." You nod. "But it's also not. I always saw you as a respectable figure and suddenly changing it is wrong, both for you and me. You understand right?"

Seokjin closes his eyes, leans back in his seat and you stay silent to give him some space.

Then he chuckles, "so this is how it feels to be rejected, especially by you, Kim Yuna."

"I am sorry Seokjin. I like you and that will never change. But I thought I should make it clear instead of giving false hope and fake promises."

"Yeah, at least I don't have to worry about that." He stiffly nods. Then he opens his eyes and looks at you. "Thanks, Yuna for. . .everything."

You lean in and give him a soft kiss on his cheek before nodding.

"It doesn't change our friendship, you know I don't give up." You joke.

He laughs and brings the car back to life before heading for the destination where you needed to be there.

Knock knock.

A butler leads you into the luxurious house while Seokjin decides to wait in his car. You didn't argue. He needed time to take the rejection in. It was kind of harsh from your side but you had taken the decision a long time back. The house of Jeon is magnificent and you wonder in awe how beautiful it is.

"Yuna?" Mrs Jeon looks surprised as she comes to you, "what a pleasant surprise."

"Sorry for barging in but I wanted to drop off Jungkook's belonging in his room if you don't mind."

She strokes your back, "of course."

Then Mr Jeon appears from a room, probably upon hearing the voices and freezes when he sees you. You bit your lip and bow at him as respect. He remains stiff and you notice how pale and unalive he seemed.

"H-how have you been sir?"

"After everything? You ask me that?"

Mrs Jeon is about to intervene but you walk up to Jungkook's father who narrows his eyes at you.

"I don't remember what happened yet but I want to apologise for my childish behaviour. I was too focused on freeing Jungkook from the scandalous marriage that I forgot to consider the consequences." You bow and look at him, tears flowing down your eyes. "Every minute I spend in guilt because all of this started from me. I promise you that I will give my best to find your son and fix this mess. Please give me your permission sir."

You bow again, feeling more guilty.

"You can't fix this mess girl, don't make empty promises."

Mrs Jeon interrupts, "honey. You forced our son way too much that is why he ran away, afraid of what you will do to him. Do you think it's Yuna's fault for showing him a better future?"

Mr Jeon looks at his wife like she slapped him. You watch their argument and wince because it started with your arrival. You part your mouth to speak but Mr Jeon cuts in.

"You take me as heartless? All I did was for my son to never face any trouble, to be rich and powerful. His absence is making me re-think my decisions and regret is what I know. Do you still see me as a monster?"

Mrs Jeon cries and her husband does not waste a minute hugging her, offering some comfort to her though she cries continuously. You bit your lip and Mr Jeon glances at you, eyes glossy.

The sight was shocking indeed.

"I give you my permission. You go ahead and do what you want but please, bring back my son Yuna."

You were more than surprised but nodded with determination.

"I will find him, no matter what."

A/N: Next chapter will be last, are you ready to end this journey?