[76] ✽ Promise to Fulfil ✽

Start from the beginning

She frowns, and you take this time to walk up and kiss her cheek to reassure her.

"I will eat if I get hungry later, okay?"

She nods and Sora yawns loudly.

"Yuna if you are done lying, can I have my dinner? I am starving."

She smirks, Yoongi snickers behind her and you blush furiously. How could she catch your lie so easily? Your mother stares at the three of you before shaking her head and going to the kitchen.

After their dinner, both Yoongi and Sora try to distract your mind and comfort you by cracking jokes and telling their stories. You laugh but deep inside, you knew something was missing.

"Yuna, stop overthinking. I am sure your love will be safe somewhere."

Your eyes widen, "I don-"

"Love him? Come on, stop lying for once. The whole time you are fake smiling, lying that you are happy when you miss him."

"I-I don't know Sora."

She remains silent before taking your hand and squeezing it.

"Close your eyes and tell me who do you see when I mention words like love, life, world, happiness, pain and trust."

"Mom?" You awkwardly offer but when Sora glares at you, you look away. "Jungkook."

She nods, satisfied. "Can you imagine your life without him Yuna? If he never comes back, what will you do?"

"I-I can't. I'll put my life on the line to find him again and-"

"And do what?" You freeze because you don't know. All you want is to find Jungkook, "what will you do? Make up your friendship again? Do you think it will work? Can you smile, ignoring the jealousy if he dates another girl?"

Her words are cold, straight like a slap to the face. But Sora was right. You couldn't. Jungkook was a special person, someone you respect but you could not imagine him with some other girl being romantic.

Sora smirks. "See?"

"I know. . .its just- what if he doesn't reciprocate the feelings? I don't want to be seen as a fool."

"That I can't guarantee. But take your chance or lose it Yuna."

Take your chance or lose it.

How does Sora say all the knowledgeable things at the right time? You nod and thank her before grabbing your phone and dialling the only number you could trust now.

"I am surprised you called me up," Seokjin confesses.

"It's late and sorry, I had no choice."

He smiles and it warms your heart. He focuses back on driving as you hold the paper bag closer to your chest like a comforting object.

"Will you tell me what is up now?"

"I couldn't give this gift Jungkook won at the carnival so I want to keep it inside his room."